Issue with bounty stats for Progressive Knockout tournament!

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Issue with bounty stats for Progressive Knockout tournament!

Postby Melwis » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:47 pm

So I just recently played a Prog KO tournament with 90 players and ended in 4th place. Afterwards I checked my balance on Pokerstars and it was higher than my winnings in PokerTracker 4. I sent data history for my tournament win via Pokerstars to my email and they said that I got $19.04 for finishing in 4th place and an extra $7.68 for 2 bounties, a total win of $26.72.

Pokertracker 4 has succesfully noticed that I got in 4th place thus $19.04 in winnings and it even has Bounties Won listed correctly at "2" BUT those 2 bounties do not add up to $7.68 according to PT4. Instead it lists $2.3 for each bounty so only $4.6 total for the 2 bounties so $3.08 is missing. Now, i'm not sure why the bounty winnings ended at $7.68 (which is the correct amount cause it adds up with my current balance and it's what Pokerstars listed in my tournament history) but clearly PT4 is missing something here to make the correct calculation.

Is this a known issue or does PT4 not support Prog. KO tournaments yet? Or am I missing something? Thanks for help with this!

The tournament I played was a $2.30 + $2.30 + $0.40 buy-in tournament with 90 players. In the info it says "A progressive bounty of at least $1.15 will be awarded for each player eliminated. However, 50% of each eliminated player's current bounty is added to the conquering player's own bounty. (I now realize this last part is probably what PT4 has not taken into account for in it's calculations?)
Melwis

Re: Issue with bounty stats for Progressive Knockout tournam

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:17 pm

PT4 stores the value of a bounty and the number of bounties won. These progressive bounty tournaments don't fit with this model. The development team are aware of this issue, but I'm not sure what we'll be able to do in the short term. Please open a Support Ticket and attach the hand history and summary files for the tournament and we'll pass the example on to the development team and link your ticket so that you get a notification if/when a solution is found.

In the meantime you could adjust the results manually by right clicking the tournament and choosing Edit Tournament - you'll need to decide how you want to specify the result; maybe 2 bounties and set the value of each to the average.
WhiteRider

Postby Melwis » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:45 pm

WhiteRider wrote:PT4 stores the value of a bounty and the number of bounties won. These progressive bounty tournaments don't fit with this model. The development team are aware of this issue, but I'm not sure what we'll be able to do in the short term. Please open a Support Ticket and attach the hand history and summary files for the tournament and we'll pass the example on to the development team and link your ticket so that you get a notification if/when a solution is found.

In the meantime you could adjust the results manually by right clicking the tournament and choosing Edit Tournament - you'll need to decide how you want to specify the result; maybe 2 bounties and set the value of each to the average.

Ok thanks anyways for the response. I'll probably open a support ticket later on!

As you mentioned i've already gone into Edit Tournament and what I do is simply calculate the error that PT4 has "missed" with the bounties and then I change the "Prize Won" by this amount. Atleast it adds up now =)
Melwis

Postby G3K0 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:43 pm

Do the updates included within Mac PT v 4.13 address this issue?
The release notes stipulate Stars has updated it's summaries / HH info provided to 3rd party apps.

Currently my workaround is : divide bounty won by # bounties, add that new number as the $ per bounty then adjust the cash proportion of the buy-in to ensure that total buyin (cash + bounty + rake) is valid.
This approach can a) lead to -ve buy-in cash values, and b) mean group sorting / analysing ROI is fubar.
G3K0

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:05 am

No, this has not yet been addressed yet. The problem isn't getting the data, it is the way it is currently stored.
WhiteRider

Postby Dutchraise72 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:32 am

Any updates yet? When will there be a fix for Progressive knockouts? This topic is from end 2014 but I am experiencing the same problem and when people play 30 tournaments a day its hard to remember and edit it manually.
Dutchraise72

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:38 pm

The development team are aware of this but it isn't a simple change to make so I do not have an update at this time. If you would like automated notification when a fix is available please create a support ticket and request to be linked to Bug #5476.
Flag_Hippo

Postby gfadel » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:04 pm

Hello,

Any news here? What is the estimation for fixing this?

Thanks,

Gustavo
gfadel

Postby kraada » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:24 pm

I don't have an ETA for this fix at this time, but if you create a ticket as well asking to be linked to that bug we will make sure you are automatically notified when a fix is released.
kraada

Postby redronin7 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:58 am

Any update on this?

I ran into this as well.
redronin7

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4