Imported Hands vs Database Hands Count Discrepancy

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Imported Hands vs Database Hands Count Discrepancy

Postby Aswald » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:26 pm

When I do my daily import of HHs my total imported quantity (as of the todays import) shows ~1100 hands imported (new hands) with ~15,500 duplicates. However, my database for all hands (no filters) is ~9,000 hands. This makes me think I'm missing a significant portion of my hand histories.

I've only recently started using tracking software again and want to make sure I'm importing everything correctly early on so I'm not losing on hands (currently looks like I'd be losing something like 35-40% of my hands on import).

I haven't been able to find anything on this on the forums or Google so help would be appreciated. Many thanks.
Aswald

Re: Imported Hands vs Database Hands Count Discrepancy

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Exactly how are you importing these hands? Are these old hands or hands you are playing on a daily basis? What site(s) are they from?

Cash game data and tournament data are separated so if you have played both gametypes then these will be separated in PokerTracker 4 via the $ and T tabs.

If you play on multiple sites please make sure your alias is configured correctly.

If any of these hands are observed hands then these would count as a hand imported but not count as hand played by you in your reports.

If you have multiple copies of hand histories on your hard drive for some reason then these hands would be multiple duplicates as they will be read by the importer more than once i.e if you have 10 copies of a single hand then this one hand would show as ten duplicates when importing and not just one.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Aswald » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:57 pm

I am only playing on one site, Bovada, using the hand converter for HHs.

Cash, Micros only. No tournaments (well, there's a small handful but a few hundred hands a most), I don't have the license to convert those hands anyway, also, only have a license for PT4 Small Stakes Holdem (every stake I currently play is covered).

I also only have one location from which I import my HHs as well.

When importing, it's strange that it would tell me I have almost 16,000 duplicates (what does the importer consider as a duplicate? Duplicate to your database or duplicate as far as what it's attempting to import?) but then only showing half that in my database.
Aswald

Postby Aswald » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:06 pm

In an attempt to resolve the issue or at least find a cause, I created a new, empty database and populated it with all HHs I have for the criteria already discussed. Upon completion of import into a an empty database, PT4 found ~1500 additional hands (9,896 total now). During import PT4 found 7,040 Duplicate hands. Going through the log to see what HH files were throwing duplicates, I then searched within my directory they are located for a duplicate HH file I'd chosen (just picked one at random). I found that HH within my directory and obtained text from within that file (a table number or hand number worked for this). From there, a simple search within the directory uncovered that I do in fact have duplicate HH files (different file names, same content) within that directory. My next task will be to uncover what files are duplciates and clean them up/remove them. These duplicates occurred on the first day I requested a large batch of hands from Bovada.

I know Bovada is not a site you support so wanted to fill in further details as to what my issue was and resolution.

I thank you for your reply and if anyone else has this issue, hopefully this will help in the future.

Regards,

Aswald
Aswald

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:27 am

Thanks for the update.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4