Hands missing

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Hands missing

Postby MrHorse » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:09 am

I recently started using Pokertracker 4. I am using it for Spin & Go's. I have played around 300 matches and I noticed that in my graph, the total amount of chips won is 26665. So that means, that some hands are missing. Because as it's a SNG, you have to end the game winning 1000 chips or losing 500. Sometimes when I am playing, suddenly PT4 pops a window saying something around the lines of "You have reached the maximum amount of allowed observed hands, PT4 will stop tracking, but only the hands you are observing and are not playing in". This has happened multiple times, but I never had any tables open on which I am not included. Another thing I have noticed is that when I close PT4 while it's still in the process of importing hands, it say: Tournaments imported from Pokerstars may require detection. Would you like to run detection now? But I sometimes clicked no on that. Is there a way to fix this? I am being staked so I need the exact results. Pokerstars only allowed me to import the hands of the last week or the last 200 tournaments.
MrHorse

Re: Hands missing

Postby kraada » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 am

That error only occurs when you're observing tables - it's not for played hands.

What seems most likely is that you closed PokerStars after you determined that you lost a hand but before the hand was written to the hand history file. The easiest thing to do to fix this is to email PokerStars support and request that they send you your full hand history. They should be able to do this via the support system - you'll get a zip file, just extract it and use Get Hands From Disk on the folder you extract it to and let Tournament Detection run afterwards.

Going forward, make sure you don't close PokerStars or PokerTracker for a minute or two after you finish your last tournament and you should be OK.
kraada

Postby MrHorse » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:19 am

Do you mean the button "Get hands while playing" by tournament detection? And if I use Get Hands from Disk, won't that duplicate the hands that have already been imported correctly?
MrHorse

Postby kraada » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:55 pm

PT4 detects and discards duplicates - they won't affect your database at all.
kraada

Postby MrHorse » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:15 pm

How come then that the error keeps occuring about observed hands? I only have tables open on which I'm playing.
MrHorse

Postby kraada » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:07 pm

Perhaps you're moved to other tables and there's an observed hand for a minute before you close the table? If you want to avoid the message permanently you can disable the Memory Grabber in Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> PokerStars and that will keep PT4 from reading observed PokerStars tables at all.
kraada

Return to PokerTracker 4