PostgresSQL not installing

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PostgresSQL not installing

Postby The Darkman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:28 am

Hi Guys,

Fairly common problem I would imagine, but I can't find an existing topic.....................

My C drive is stuffed to the brim, so I decided to delete PT4 and reinstall on another (E) drive. PT4 installs okay, but when I substitute "E" for "C" on the recommended folder for the database it refuses to install.

Ho hum. ICT noddy needing help please.
The Darkman

Re: PostgresSQL not installing

Postby kraada » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:36 pm

What error are you receiving? Is this with PostgreSQL or PT4? Your post is unclear.
kraada

Postby The Darkman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:19 am

Hi kraada,

PT4 installs with no problems. On completion it asks whether I would like PostgreSQL downloaded and installed. I answer yes (naturally) and in the settings that then display it recommends installing to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3 using port 5432 with the localhost server. As the database was the biggest contributor to the data growth on my C drive I now want this installed on my E drive. However, when I change the recommended drive to E (where I've now installed PT4) rather than C, I get the message PostgreSQL did not install successfully.
The Darkman

Postby kraada » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:22 am

Try installing PostgreSQL manually as explained in our guides and then just select the folder you want to install to (create a new blank one for PostgreSQL) and it should work. If not, tell me the exact message it gives you when it fails.
kraada

Postby The Darkman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:27 am

After a 36 hour :shock: restore, all fixed. I think I love you. :lol:
The Darkman

Postby The Darkman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:09 am

Hmm. I'm still not sure I've achieved what I set out to do. PT4 and Postgre are now safely installed on my E drive. However, the installation process has recreated a PokerTracker 4 folder on my C drive which holds a whole host of other folders / files including my processed hands. The import configuration preferences are also showing the following path for processed hands "C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Processed". If left "as is" I suspect that the data on my C drive will immediately start growing again and quickly put me back to square one. If I'm correct in thinking this, am I safe to create a mirror image on my E drive and change the path within the import configuration preferences. Or, if the answer is no, can I do it solely for the processed hands folder ?
The Darkman

Postby kraada » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:01 am

You can point the Processed folder at any location on your E drive you prefer (as long as it's not in a hand history folder - just create a new blank folder for it). You don't necessarily need to move your old processed files there -- they're stored for backup purposes -- but it won't hurt to do so.
kraada

Return to PokerTracker 4