Handhistory import is almost not working at all, HUD neithe

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Handhistory import is almost not working at all, HUD neithe

Postby KinglyLion » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:57 am

So since yesterday my pt4 is extremely bugged. the graphs arent updating while i play anymore, from about 1k hands i played today only about 50 got imported. the hud is sometimes not showing at all. i tried installing an older version where i didnt experience these bugs and it didnt change anything. pokerstars didnt have an update before the problems happened. another problem i have right now is that i cant close pt4 as usual after i clicked on "get hands while playing" because it always says "cant close because still importing hands". the only way to stop the program is via task manager. i had the same problem with hand histories 99% not getting imported on pokerstars zoom cash (10nl -25nl), a mtt on stars, the fastpoker thing on williamhillpoker, and normal cash tables on williamhillpoker. the only thing i remember which i changed in the last time was me trying to change my own currency (because i just started on williamhill and that money won =/= c won confused me), so i tried to change my currency. as i saw that it was about to change my whole stars data too i canceled the program via taskmanager because it wouldnt cancel itself. other than that i didnt change anything in the program itself.
because this really affects my game id be very thankful for fast help
KinglyLion

Re: Handhistory import is almost not working at all, HUD nei

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:28 pm

This sounds like you closed the Currency window while it was updating your cache. If so, what you'll need to do know is rebuild your cache via Database --> Database Management --> Rebuild Cache which will take some time depending on the size of your database. If that doesn't fix it please open a Support Ticket and report your problem so that we can check your logs and see what is going on.
Flag_Hippo

Postby KinglyLion » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:This sounds like you closed the Currency window while it was updating your cache. If so, what you'll need to do know is rebuild your cache via Database --> Database Management --> Rebuild Cache which will take some time depending on the size of your database. If that doesn't fix it please open a Support Ticket and report your problem so that we can check your logs and see what is going on.

what exactly does rebuild cache do? what exactly happened as i cancelled the currency update?
KinglyLion

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:17 pm

The database cache is used for quick generation of HUD and report stats. Please see this guide for further details:

Guide: Database Caching

The cache rebuild first deletes the existing cache then builds a new one. If that operation gets interrupted or fails (e.g. an interrupted currency conversion) using PokerTracker 4 afterward with that database may have some serious performance issues such as PokerTracker4 momentarily freezing up, the HUD not appearing or updating slowly, etc.
Flag_Hippo

Postby KinglyLion » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:The cache rebuild first deletes the existing cache then builds a new one. If that operation gets interrupted or fails (e.g. an interrupted currency conversion) using PokerTracker 4 afterward with that database may have some serious performance issues such as PokerTracker4 momentarily freezing up, the HUD not appearing or updating slowly, etc.

so i dont lose my database but it just scans it new so pokertracker can use the info again? okay thanks a lot, ill do that. seems like the problem im having
KinglyLion

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:29 pm

Yes this will just fix your cache and does not delete any data in the database itself. As I mentioned earlier if this does not resolve the trouble you are having please open a Support Ticket and report your problem so that we can check your logs and see what is going on.
Flag_Hippo

Postby KinglyLion » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Yes this will just fix your cache and does not delete any data in the database itself. As I mentioned earlier if this does not resolve the trouble you are having please open a Support Ticket and report your problem so that we can check your logs and see what is going on.

ive got the feeling the rebuilding didnt work correctly. before the rebuild the cache was shown to have 10gb of data. after the rebuilding (which seemingly canceled itself after half of the estimated time) it only has about 9000mb data. the program is still importing hands when i got "get hands while playing" activated even though i dont play (i guess its importing the old hands that it didnt get yet), but very slow, with like 1 hand every 3 seconds. and again i can only close the program by stopping the process in the task manager because it blocks getting closed while importing hands. is it time to contact support now, or is there another quick tip you can give me? maybe i did something wrong with the cache rebuilding?
KinglyLion

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:20 am

The support ticket you opened has been replied to.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4