New limit of 3 HUD colors on PokerStars/Full Tilt

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

New limit of 3 HUD colors on PokerStars/Full Tilt

Postby fizbin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:28 pm

For 4.14.6, the release notes say:
HUD: PokerStars/Full Tilt: Only three conditions are now used when coloring HUD stats for PokerStars/Full Tilt due to new rules. The first two are user defined and the third is a catch-all default color.

Over on the HM site, about HM2, they say:
HM-8718 - HUD - Limit stat colorcoding to up to 3 different colors when playing on PokerStars or Full Tilt

I can't find anybody talking about this anywhere. Nobody cares? And I can't find anything about it on the PokerStars site, which also doesn't have any of the other new rules they have instituted.

Why was this rule instituted? Does it make any sense? Can we look forward to additional rules, like "no stats involving postflop play"?

I assume this means HM2 no longer has shading of stats (darker for smaller samples), or else it's unfair to PT4 users. Right?
fizbin

Re: New limit of 3 HUD colors on PokerStars/Full Tilt

Postby Zangeeph » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:00 am

I was about to create a thread about this. I'm interested in hearing specifically which rule is being broken by having multiple colours. I think that the developers have misinterpreted whatever rule it is they think is being broken by having many colours. I spent a lot of time colouring my HUD so I'm interested to hear what this is about.
Zangeeph

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:11 am

Our management team have been in contact with PokerStars a lot over the last few weeks to discuss what changes are needed to keep PokerTracker and Holdem Manager in line with PokerStars/Full Tilt's rule changes and any changes we make are those required by PokerStars/Full Tilt.
I don't know if the rule changes have been published or have actually come into force yet, but they are due to do so around now so we need to have our changes in place to make sure we remain compliant.
WhiteRider

Postby whiskyjohn » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:17 am

WhiteRider wrote:Our management team have been in contact with PokerStars a lot over the last few weeks to discuss what changes are needed to keep PokerTracker and Holdem Manager in line with PokerStars/Full Tilt's rule changes and any changes we make are those required by PokerStars/Full Tilt.
I don't know if the rule changes have been published or have actually come into force yet, but they are due to do so around now so we need to have our changes in place to make sure we remain compliant.

I haven't downloaded the new version yet.

Is this going to change custom stat colors as well? Because there is no way to color based on sample size in the HUD,
I generally set the colors in the custom stat definition. What will happen here?

And for the record, put me down on the side of one of the most asinine restrictions imaginable. Of all the ways to
gain advantage via hard work and analysis, it certainly levels the playing field by restricting my statistic to three
and only three colors. Brilliant!

John
whiskyjohn

Postby sasieightynine » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:41 am

This is very bad for people like me who spent a lot of time color coding their HUD stats. PS vill loose a lot of players if they will continue making rules like this one.
sasieightynine

Postby Zangeeph » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:23 am

I found the new rule set and I do believe that they have been misinterpreted by the PT4 developers. Here is the ruleset:

https://www.pokerstars.com/assets/commo ... -guide.pdf

It states the following on page 28

HUDs may:

Alter the colour of an individual statistic based on two different thresholds. For example, a HUD may show a VPIP statistic in red if it is less than 20%, white if it is between 20%-30% and green if it is greater than 30%. However, the thresholds must be raw values and cannot be dynamically calculated or population-percentile based.

Nowhere in this ruleset does it say that more than 2 thresholds is not allowed. It states that 2 thresholds are allowed, it does not state that more than 2 is not allowed. No rule would be broken by continuing to allow more than 2 thresholds in PT4 HUDs. I hope that the PT4 revert the change.
Zangeeph

Postby js2002 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:30 pm

my sold huds have 5 colorcodes. Now all customers are mad. please post a link where they can download the latest old version where it was useable.
mybe via pm. thx

Greetings
js2002

Postby kraada » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:28 pm

I know that our management team has been in discussions with PokerStars over this issue, so if there was a miscommunication hopefully it can be rectified quickly.
kraada

Postby majonyjony » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:53 pm

Zangeeph wrote:I found the new rule set and I do believe that they have been misinterpreted by the PT4 developers. Here is the ruleset:

https://www.pokerstars.com/assets/commo ... -guide.pdf

It states the following on page 28

HUDs may:

Alter the colour of an individual statistic based on two different thresholds. For example, a HUD may show a VPIP statistic in red if it is less than 20%, white if it is between 20%-30% and green if it is greater than 30%. However, the thresholds must be raw values and cannot be dynamically calculated or population-percentile based.

Nowhere in this ruleset does it say that more than 2 thresholds is not allowed. It states that 2 thresholds are allowed, it does not state that more than 2 is not allowed. No rule would be broken by continuing to allow more than 2 thresholds in PT4 HUDs. I hope that the PT4 revert the change.

+1000000k
majonyjony

Postby majonyjony » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:55 pm

Please specify what changes have you done
majonyjony

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4