PT4 and zoom not tracking all hands ?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 and zoom not tracking all hands ?

Postby Darki » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:20 am

hello , i think pokertracker 4 is not tracking all the hands i have played @ zoom , because my results at my cashier are different than my results on pt4...
Darki

Re: PT4 and zoom not tracking all hands ?

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:05 am

Are you closing PokerStars quickly after your last hand? PokerStars doesn't write the hand to disk (and thus PT4 can't import it) until the hand is over, so if you close the site too quickly you can lose hands that way.
kraada

Postby Darki » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:13 pm

i sometimes choose to close all my tables in order to get full time bank if i re open them ... maybe that could be the problem ?
Darki

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:12 pm

That's entirely possible, I don't know if PokerStars may be missing hands in that case.
kraada

Postby ilovemymama » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Also happening to me. I just bought the software, started playing a few zoom hands in PS and noticed not all my hands where being tracked. Then I e-mailed Pokerstars for my last hands, copied that to my hard drive, imported it manually and noticed that from 83 hands, 13 were missing. Quite a large error for such a small sample. Any fix for that?
ilovemymama

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Make sure that you don't close the table windows before the final hand of the session has been imported. This is especially relevant if you play Zoom because there may be several unfinished hands if you quick fold - leave the table open for a couple of minutes before closing it to make sure all hands have finished and been imported. Also on some PokerStars clients there is an issue with the latest PokerStars update where it is not writing all hand history files to your computer. This primarily seems to be an issue with Spin & Go games with 6x + multipliers and Zoom games. Until PokerStars resolve that you will need to request your hand histories again from PokerStars and import them into PokerTracker 4 (Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk) to capture any missed hands.
Flag_Hippo

Postby rav3n » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:43 am

We have 2020 and PT4 still doesn't import all hands from Zoom. PT4 displays HUD of random players like every xx hand. I requested a hand history from PS and around 1000 hands wasn't tracked from 15k sample.
rav3n

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:03 pm

I am not aware of any specific issue at this time although the PokerStars can sometimes fail to provide a seating file for a Zoom hand which is what PokerTracker 4 uses to know who is at the table and update the HUD. With regards to the missed hands are they in the original files that were provided to you by PokerStars? By default PokerTracker 4 moves your auto-imported files to your 'Processed' folder which you can access via the 'File -> Open User Data Folder' option on a Windows machine so you can send us your original sample along with the one provided later by PokerStars to us in a Support Ticket for comparison:

Guide: Processed Files
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4