PKR Hand History Converter for PT4

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PKR Hand History Converter for PT4

Postby acrx963 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:19 pm

I've read the only way to be able to use PokerTracker with the PKR poker room is to convert hand histories to another format (PokerStars) with help of another third-party software. I keep getting linked to hh-convert.com, but there seems to be no way to purchase it anymore?

Does anyone here successfully use PT4 with PKR via hand history conversion, and if so could point me in the right direction to get it set up.

I really don't want to have to buy HM2.
acrx963

Re: PKR Hand History Converter for PT4

Postby acrx963 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:29 pm

Also, I expressed interest on the PKR forums that support for PokerTracker be added. I received response from moderator that this is up to Max Value Software. Since your PT and HM merged under the same company, shouldn't there be a consensus for supporting both trackers in this poker room. It makes little sense to me that it is only HM2 that gets to benefit from PKR.

In these forums you've stated that you've received no answer from PKR to support PT, therefore you are not acting. But on the PKR forums the mod is stating that there has been no interest on your part to add PT support. Which is it now?

If HM2 is technically capable of importing PKR hand histories, how is it that PT4 is unable to do the same, especially being run under the same parent company now? Don't your dev teams communicate with another?

Would love to hear some offical input on this issue.

Many thanks.
acrx963

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:56 am

If there is any update on PKR then the appropriate staff who can answer that will reply after the weekend.
Flag_Hippo

Postby fordapok » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:03 am

any updates? hand history after the merger includes money prizes too.
fordapok

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:25 pm

While PKR shares the same player pool as other Microgaming sites it still uses their own software and hand history format and it's not a supported site.
Flag_Hippo

Postby fordapok » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:49 am

That is true, i was trying to comment on the fact that pkr's hand history is, although different than the usual mpn format, more detailed now and also it is a txt file making it really easy to parse. I believe that a programmer could implement such a parser in one day. The more detailed hand history shows that they no longer try to discourage the use of such software since they can used on every other skins of the network.
So maybe pt4 devs can reevaluate the situation and think of maybe implementing a pkr parser.
fordapok

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:38 am

We do not add poker rooms without their expressed request and while I'm not privy to communications between PokerTracker 4 and PKR as far as I am aware there has been no interest from them to work with us.
Flag_Hippo

Postby fordapok » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:32 am

In my opinion it shouldn't be a matter of them explicitly asking for your support since they provide an easily readable format and other software support it.
Since you are not breaking any of their tos why should they/you ask? Nevertheless, have you asked them after the merger and they declined?
fordapok

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:40 pm

That is our policy and as I already mentioned I am not privy to any discussions between PokerTracker 4 and PKR and if I was I likely wouldn't be able to share it.
Flag_Hippo

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:16 am

We are testing initial PKR support and if you want to test an alpha version please open a Support Ticket with the request. We'd appreciate your feedback.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4