2 questions regarding manual import

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

2 questions regarding manual import

Postby seadog » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:34 pm

So, power shotage, MY PC lived through it no problem but not PT4, my database disappeared, ok, I have back up no problem, wait, I am missing hands, so I email 888 and they send me a bloody .xlss file, great, TY 888 you facking bot supplying a holes. WTF do I do with this? How would PT4 import such a file?
2nd, I have imported 800k hands before and it usualy takes 8 hrs. Thus time, the import goes great, imports 130k hands in less then 2 hrs and says there is 8 hrs remaining. Come back 8 hrs later, it says it has been importing 10hrs and there is 10hrs remaining, SAY WUUUUTT!!! Ofc I had to use my PC so had to kill PT4 dead in it's tracks. Did I fack it up by moving my mouse during import or checking how many hands it did import by clicking stats tab?
Oh, wait I have 3rd question, I have "moved files to blah blah folder" checked, I wanted all hands under one neat folder, I have no idea why I do not have all the hands I imported in that folder. When we manually import files, do they not get moved??
seadog

Re: 2 questions regarding manual import

Postby kraada » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:46 pm

It sounds like a whole lot is going on. Let me clarify a few things first:

(1) Manual import doesn't (and never has) move files when you use it - only Get Hands While Playing and Setup Assistant moves the files.

(2) Moving your mouse or checking things in the View Stats tab will not adversely affect the import process.

(3) If you run Get Hands From Disk on a folder with hands you've already imported they will be rejected as duplicates and not imported twice into your database -- and it goes much faster than importing new hands. So you can re-run Get Hands From Disk on the folder with your hands to pick up whatever was missed.

All that said the database should not "vanish" upon power loss - did you end up uninstalling PostgreSQL? What version of PostgreSQL are you running now?
kraada

Postby seadog » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:40 pm

I did uninstall postgres and I re-installed 9.3, I think that is what I had before.
What to do with this xlss file? Can it be converted to something PT4 can read?
seadog

Postby kraada » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:26 pm

Try importing it using Get Hands From Disk - I believe we can import excel files from some sites and it may work. It won't cause harm if it doesn't.
kraada

Postby seadog » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Doesn't import, I get "Error: Unrecognized file format:
seadog

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:53 am

XLS files are unlikely to contain hand histories in a format which can be imported. You will need to request the hand histories in the original text format which 888 uses to write histories to your computer as you play.
You can attach the XLS file to a Support Ticket and we'll take a look at it but normally when we see files like that they don't include enough information to be able to import them and generate full data.
WhiteRider

Postby seadog » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:43 am

To see this file, please select the tab which says attached. Please note that we will not be able to provide this file in any other format.

That's from 888 support.

Yesterday I import the hands I did have for the 2nd, checked 3 hours later, it imported 606 000 duplicates in 3 hrs and said it has 3 hrs remaining, perfect I thought, then I decided to test this "do not click on PT4 anywhere or it laggs phenomenon. It is now 14 hrs later and it has imported 840 000 hands, 609 000 duplicates and 3 hrs remaining. And PC is rendered useless. So there is something to touching PC while hands are being imported.

Just looking at the capabilities of those two services, you can convert whatever Excel file you have to many different file types, like XLSX to CSV, XML, DOC, PDF, ODS, RTF, XLS, MDB, and even image and web file formats like JPG, PNG, and HTML.

I don't suppose PT4 recognizes any of these formats?
seadog

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:47 am

Converting the XLS files won't help - the issue is the format of the information in the file, and what information is included. Without seeing an example I can't say whether is has the information needed, but even if it does it won't be in a format which is currently supported.
888 should be able to send you the histories in text format in the same format that they write them to your computer originally, but if they can't then please attach the xls file to a Support Ticket so that we can check out what information is available there.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4