Getting Really Frustrated w/ Postgres issues

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Getting Really Frustrated w/ Postgres issues

Postby kcpoker » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:38 am

I keep getting postgres errors at random times when trying to open pt4. this has become really frustrating because ive lost databases before.

i have old versions of 8.3 and 8.4 that i had when i was using holdem manager 2. I dont even know which one pt4 is using. I assume i should upgrade my postgres but now i cannot even open up pt4 to back up my stuff before i do so...

please help me im getting really annoyed and I just started my session ugh
kcpoker

Re: Getting Really Frustrated w/ Postgres issues

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:30 pm

Something may be preventing PostgreSQL from starting when your computer does so if you're using any security software (such as antivirus, firewall), please make sure to follow the instructions given in the Security Software Configuration Guide.

Next locate and delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ although you may have a different PostgreSQL version (e.g. 8.3, 8.4) or have it installed in C:\Program Files (x86). Once it's deleted, reboot and see if that resolves the trouble.

If that does not help then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it?

Finally go to "Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application" and in the middle open any recent PostgreSQL items with errors and let us know what they say.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4