how to find and review a specific tournament?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

how to find and review a specific tournament?

Postby czglory » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:23 pm

how to find and review a specific tournament? I am trying to review a recent MTT, and I am not able to locate any way to find it. There is a redundant amount of reports, results, statistics tabs, and sub-sections of filters at the bottom of each, but the only place where hands are showing is bunched together (I believe?) in the'my reports' tab. I just want to review an entire MTT, how do I go about doing this?
czglory

Re: how to find and review a specific tournament?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:39 am

On your "Overview" report in the tournament section select to view your tournaments "By Tournament".

Double click the tournament you want to review by double clicking on it so the individual hands are displayed for that tournament.

Change the dropdown on the right from "Most Recent 100 hands" to "All Hands".

Click on the date column header to sort by hands by time. Select this until you get the first hand of the tournament at the top of the list.

Right-click anywhere in the hands list and select "Replay All Hands in Report".

When the replayer opens you should have the first hand of the tournament. In the top left of the replayer you will have buttons to allow you to navigate to the previous/next/first/last hands as well as a dropdown to select specific hands.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Drobb » Mon May 15, 2017 2:39 pm

I don't know if this will get read or not, I'm new to posting in the forum and I am replying to a previous thread. Perhaps I should start a new one instead. I had this same question and was able to find the tournament section and the individual tournaments. I play on ACR. It shows actual dollar figures for sit n go results, but does not appear to show any cash results or finishes for actual tournaments. Is this correct? I found a bounty tournament I won and there is no info. I saw under advanced there is actual columns for things like bounties. I guess ACR is only providing results for sit and gos. I saw another person asked about ACR tournaments in the past and it the reply said they had to be manually entered. I probably won't, but is there an easy way to describe that process. Thanks. I'm just getting more familiar with pt4. I should explore it more but haven't found the time. Thanks
Drobb

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon May 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Unfortunately ACR do not provide tournament summary information, and until they do there are no results for PokerTracker 4 to import. For single table tournaments we can usually infer the prizes from the tournament structure and buy-ins, but that isn't possible for multi table tournaments. For any tournaments with incorrect data you can update the information manually using the Tournament Results window - see this guide for details.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Drobb » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:20 pm

I never checked back on this because I kind of assumed that was the case and may not have set up for notification, but thanks for clarifying.
Drobb

Postby potamito » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:01 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:On your "Overview" report in the tournament section select to view your tournaments "By Tournament".

Double click the tournament you want to review by double clicking on it so the individual hands are displayed for that tournament.

Change the dropdown on the right from "Most Recent 100 hands" to "All Hands".

Click on the date column header to sort by hands by time. Select this until you get the first hand of the tournament at the top of the list.

Right-click anywhere in the hands list and select "Replay All Hands in Report".

When the replayer opens you should have the first hand of the tournament. In the top left of the replayer you will have buttons to allow you to navigate to the previous/next/first/last hands as well as a dropdown to select specific hands.

My PT4 doesnt display any hand when going into Results > By TOurnament and double clicking on any of the tournaments i see there. Is there a way through a hand report and using a expression where i can isolate the hands from a particular tourney using the tourney id?
potamito

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:04 pm

potamito wrote:My PT4 doesnt display any hand when going into Results > By TOurnament and double clicking on any of the tournaments i see there.

If there is any text in blue in the left hand sidebar your report is being filtered so clear those if they are active. Next make certain that the checkbox labelled 'Show Marked Hands Only' is unchecked and that the drop down for tagging says 'No Tags Selected' by unchecking any checked tags. If that is not the problem try right clicking the report and select 'Configure Report'. In the window that appears click 'Restore to Default' and then 'OK' to see if that fixes things.
potamito wrote:Is there a way through a hand report and using a expression where i can isolate the hands from a particular tourney using the tourney id?

Code: Select all
tourney_summary.tourney_no = 'Tourney Number Here'
Flag_Hippo

Postby IMUnaware » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:03 am

Ok, so maybe I'm dumb, but how do I go to a different tournament? I looked at that one, but there's no "back" button. How do I navigate back to the list of tournaments so I can see a different one?

I'd like to review one tournament, then review another one, etc... but I'm stuck in the first tournament I looked at.
IMUnaware

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:23 am

IMUnaware wrote:Ok, so maybe I'm dumb, but how do I go to a different tournament? I looked at that one, but there's no "back" button. How do I navigate back to the list of tournaments so I can see a different one?

I'd like to review one tournament, then review another one, etc... but I'm stuck in the first tournament I looked at.

Underneath the list of hands for the tournament you are in click on the link that says 'Remove all filters and return to root'.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4