backup errors

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

backup errors

Postby squashplayer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Hello, I am tyring to perform a PT4 backup so I can transfer my data to a new PC. However, as soon as I run the back up I get this message:

Error Removing Temp Databases Files...Error
-------------------
Errors were detected during backup.
As far as I can see my data seems fine as searches, filters etc on the whole db work okay. Any suggestions please? Thank you.
squashplayer

Re: backup errors

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:58 pm

1. In PokerTracker4 click "Configure -> Options" and if "Download Premium Content" has a check mark, click it such that the check mark goes away.

2. Click "Database -> Database Management -> Housekeeping -> Revert PostgreSQL Tuning".

When those are done close things down and reboot.

3. Retry "File -> Backup" once more but clear all check marks under "Optional" (those can be backed up afterward or manually if required).

Also when creating the backup zip file name make sure to save to a disc on the same machine as your PokerTracker 4 e.g. directly to C:\. For example trying to send it to a network share like a Dropbox folder could create trouble. Once the backup is created you're free to move it wherever you like.

4. Presuming the backup now succeeds you can reverse the check mark from step #1 to turn your premiums back on if applicable and repeat step #2 but this time select "Tune PostgreSQL".

If you still get an error when backing up please open a Support Ticket and report your problem so that we investigate that further for you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby squashplayer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 am

Hello,
Thank you for the reply and I tried all this but I still get the same error messages. Is there any great problem with simply exporting all my hands and then importing on the new PC?
squashplayer

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:06 pm

That may mean something like PostgreSQL doesn't have enough free space to make the backup, but your log file should give us more idea.
You can export your hands and import on the new PC, but that will take longer. If you still have the original hand histories (in the Processed folder; see Configure > Sites & Import Options > Preferences for where that is) then you can import from those instead of exporting. If you made any manual notes or have any custom stats or hud profiles then those won't be transferred by export/import either, but you may find that you can make a backup of just the Optional Files if it's the database backup which is causing problems.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4