Fatal Error

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Fatal Error

Postby IMightBluff » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:24 pm

Currently having an big issue when attempting to "Get Hand While Playing" in Tournaments. Here is the Error message: Error: Unable to execute query: Fatal Error; Reason Error: (ERROR: index"toh-unique_hand_no"is not a btree) Please help, I attached a screen shot. The Hud windows are displaying but only 1 stat is coming up. I don't believe its an import issue as I tried runing my HM2 and it seems to be working fine.
Attachments
PT4 Error.PNG
PT4 Error.PNG (7.51 KiB) Viewed 827 times
IMightBluff

Re: Fatal Error

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:02 am

That indicates the database is damaged so you can try a reindex via the "Database > Database Management window" - to do that select the affected database, then click "Housekeeping > Reindex". After the housekeeping is complete you should click your database then "Rebuild Cache -> Full Cache Rebuild". Be prepared for this to take a considerable amount of time if you have a large database, so you'll want to run it when you're not using PokerTracker 4 for a while (such as overnight maybe). Make sure that your computer does not power itself off or go to sleep while it's running or you will need to run it again from the start.
Flag_Hippo

Postby IMightBluff » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Thank you for the response, I am showing a different error today when I started up.
Attachments
PT4error1.PNG
PT4error1.PNG (6.25 KiB) Viewed 819 times
IMightBluff

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:46 am

That suggests an error with one or more of the files which makes up your database, and can be caused by a disk fault so you may want to run a disk check as well as trying the things suggested in this guide.
WhiteRider

Postby IMightBluff » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:29 pm

The rebuild worked, thank you very much. Any idea why this would happen or how to avoid this from repeating?
IMightBluff

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:51 pm

If you don't have any bad sectors on your disk then it's possible it's caused by a power failure or something else causing PostgreSQL to end while it's updating one of the files in the database.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4