New Computer, converted HHs show different stats

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

New Computer, converted HHs show different stats

Postby King Linc » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:41 pm

I have a new computer and i saved my "processed" hands from pokertracker on a USB stick and imported them to pokertracker on my new computer. However now my stats look differently. For example I have now less "non turbo" mtt hands than before. It used to be around 195000, now its shown as around 150000. I once had to break up importing, but i started it again, it showed me though that all hands for my Pokerstars account were just duplicates so im assuming they were already all imported the first time. Also my bb/100 stats are completely different now. All-in adjusted bb/100 stat for the non turbos used to be at just under 10, now its at 5.5 so its a huge difference. Any idea as to why this could be the case? Like how hands could have gotten missing in the importing process?
King Linc

Re: New Computer, converted HHs show different stats

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:55 am

Firstly if you still have access to your old computer then the easiest way to transfer your data is using our Backup/Restore functionality - this will make an exact copy of your database and will be much quicker than re-importing everything.

If you can't make a backup and don't already have one then...
Duplicates do mean that the hands were already in the database, but if you stopped the first import before it completed then it's possible that not all of the hands were imported. Did you let the second attempt to import run to completion? If not, there could be hands towards the end which weren't imported. It's also possible that tournament detection wasn't completed if you stopped the import process early, which would mean that some of the tournaments weren't detected as the correct types (and may be why you're seeing different numbers of tournaments when you filter).
If you remove all filters do you have less hands/tournaments than previously? If you don't have as many hands as before you'll need to make sure that all of your files were imported.
If you do have as many hands then you may need to force detection for your tournaments to make sure they were all detected - you can do that via the Edit Tournament Results window. Since you have so many I'd suggest doing this in batches to avoid tying PT4 up for too long at once as tournament detection can take some time depending on the tournament types.
WhiteRider

Re: New Computer, converted HHs show different stats

Postby King Linc » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:11 pm

thank you i did the tournament auto detection and now all my stats are the same as previously again
King Linc

Return to PokerTracker 4