Party Poker player names

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Party Poker player names

Postby Kendee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi, I have just installed the trial version of Poker Tracker 4, and when I play poker on Party Poker, the player names (except mine) all appear as player 1, player2 etc, instead of their proper names. This is inconvenient at best and downright wrong at worst as the player stats become inaccurate when player 1 leaves the table and a new player sits at that spot, it keeps the original stats and adds to them, which cannot be correct. Has anyone else had this problem, what can I do about it. NOTE that I do not get this problem when playing on Full Tilt. This seems to work as I would expect. Thanks. Ken
Kendee

Re: Party Poker player names

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:37 pm

While you are seeing player names at the tables the player names in the hand history files used by PokerTracker 4 have been anonymised by partypoker so PokerTracker 4 cannot detect if one player leaves the table and a new player joins - for further details please refer to this partypoker blog post. As a result PokerTracker 4 now defaults to show session stats for the anonymous players but it will still track your own results fully (your own name is not anonymous in the histories). The anonymous names only apply to normal cash tables; it doesn't affect tournaments or fast forward tables at this time.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4