Database problem?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Database problem?

Postby Smoky » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:19 pm

I just discovered a weird problem with my PT4 program. It collects hand information just fine and displays the data in my huds while I am playing. BUT ... I am getting to the point where I want to analyze more offline, and also find leaks. Much to my suprise, while the View Today's Hands infor works fine, I cannot seem to view historical data for recent months. Tdata is there in my HUDs when I play, but I cannot call it up offline. What comes up is old data prior to year 2015. Nothing in 2016 and 2017. I went to the database tab and 2 databases come up. The default/active database is named PokerTracker4 Databse and the other database is named PT_2016_10_22_084647. I think that is the date I returned home from my summer location and began playing poker again. I don't know how that name was arrived at. When I try to show it as default/active the hands disappear from the View Today's Hands window. Somehow I think I have set 2 databases by accident. I would like to combine them but don't even know what folder thay reside in or what to do. Can anyone help me sort out this puzzle? At least my HUD info works fine while playing and I DON'T WANT TO MESS THAT UP. But it is only hud data from Oct 22, 2016. When I try to look at statistical data it is only data from 2015 and earlier. HELP!
Smoky

Re: Database problem?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:10 am

Smoky wrote:Much to my suprise, while the View Today's Hands infor works fine, I cannot seem to view historical data for recent months.

If your hands are visible on the 'Play Poker' tab then they should be available in the 'View Stats' section of PokerTracker 4. Please check certain to make sure the you have selected the correct active player in PokerTracker 4. Also check that you do not have any filters set - if there is any text in blue in the left hand sidebar it is filtering; click on that drop down and change it to All (or uncheck all checkboxes) to remove those filters.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Smoky » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:36 am

Aha! It's working! I tried what you suggestion but still no stats. However you got me into the right area. I never play cash games but exclusively SNG's and multi table tourneys. I found myself staring at the $ and T button. I thought $ would show me dollar stats but began wondering what the T was for. Suddenly a light bulb went on I figured this really meant cash games vs tourney ganes. I pressed T and all the stats came up !! Wow! This opens up a whole new door for off linbe analysis. I suspect I will be pestering you for weeks to come with new questions lol. I do still want to know how I can find whet file folders these two databases are in, and also how to combine them if I later desire. Thanks so much. I am realizing more and more every day how powerful this software is and how great the support is.
Smoky

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:42 pm

By default PokerTracker 4 moves your processed hand histories to your \PokerTracker 4\Processed folder which you can access via the "File -> Open User Data Folder" option so if you have the older hands you need you can manually import them into your databases using "Get Hands From Disk" after clicking "Play Poker". Choose "Select Directory" to import all of the hands found in a folder, or "Select Files" to only import specific hand history files that you choose.

Depending on the number of hands you have this import may take some time. You therefore would want to schedule this to start at the most convenient time. In other words I would not start this import if you have important poker sessions coming up as you cannot import manually and use PokerTracker 4 on live tables at the same time. If required you can break the import up into smaller chunks/folders.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Smoky » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:39 pm

What file extension would I look for it were hands previously processed by poker tracker?
Smoky

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:30 pm

PokerTracker 4 just moves the original hand history file from your poker sites hand history folder to your processed folder and the format of the file will depend on the site you are playing on and by default the hand histories will be separated into folders by site anyway - see this guide.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4