login failure

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

login failure

Postby Meyerbeer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:01 am

Hi! Since two days i cant login. Error message: Unable to login....could not connect to server..Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061). Is theserver running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
I changed nothing on the pc.
windows7, new updates, first time that this happens.
Any idea?
thx in advance.
Meyerbeer

Re: login failure

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:28 am

Locate and delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ although you may have a different PostgreSQL version (e.g. 8.4, 9.0) or have it installed in C:\Program Files (x86). Once it's deleted, reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Meyerbeer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:50 am

Find only postmaster.opts
didnt find postmaster.pid
Nowhere.
Meyerbeer

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it?

Open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Meyerbeer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:31 pm

I find postgrSQL in ...programme..., when I start it, it stops after a few seconds, message = ....runs only when its used by other programms... The "event" I dont find. Any chance to solve the problem?
Meyerbeer

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:08 am

Please restart PokerTracker 4 using the logging enabled link on your Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then report it via our support system with the log file from here:

C:\Users\SOME_NAME\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\PokerTracker4.log

If you do not see the AppData folder in Windows then please refer to this guide. Please also attach your 5 latest PostgreSQL log files to the ticket - see this guide.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4