Latest update changed HUD appearance

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Latest update changed HUD appearance

Postby Tolp » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:46 pm

With the latest update my custom HUD, which worked flawlessly for years, changed in appearance. The part which has changed consists of custom stats with custom colour codings. Before version 4.14.22 came out the prefix changed its colour corresponding to the stat. Now the prefixes stay white for the most part. And some use colours which don’t correspondent to the stats at all. It’s not the end of the world as the stats still change into the right colour but the readability isn’t as good as it was before.
For example my custom stat “fold flop” turns green when villain folds over 60%. So did the “F:” before it. Now the “F:” stays white.

On my second computer on which the previous version of PT4 is still installed everything works without a problem. After comparing both HUD profiles I couldn’t find a difference. The only thing I realized is that there is a new box called “colour” next to the “separator” box, which has been added in the latest update although nothing is said about it in the release notes (unless I’ve missed it somehow). I don’t know if this new option is causing the new behavior or if the new version handles custom stats differently, but something definitely has changed.

I hope you can help me out!
Tolp

Re: Latest update changed HUD appearance

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:19 pm

The change was made deliberately (there have been a lot of requests for this type of functionality over the years) but it is supposed to only have a different colour for the prefix and suffix when the prefix/suffix colour is set explicitly. The development team have already changed the default behaviour for this which will be in the next update and if you open a Support Ticket we'll be able to let you know when the change is available.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Tolp » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:07 pm

Thank you for the fast reply!
I hope my HUD will work as before when I install one of the upcoming updates.

How can I set the colour of the prefix / suffix in the HUD editor?
Tolp

Postby bruzi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:49 am

Stats in popups is not good-some are scattered though (arrange in grid).
bruzi

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:19 am

Tolp wrote:How can I set the colour of the prefix / suffix in the HUD editor?

Go to 'HUD -> Edit HUD Profiles', select your HUD profile and the stat you want to edit then the prefix/suffix color for that can be specified under 'Item Properties'.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:23 am

bruzi wrote:Stats in popups is not good-some are scattered though (arrange in grid).

Please open a Support Ticket with a screenshot of the problem and your HUD profile so we can investigate that for you (you can export your HUD profile via the 'Options' button in the HUD profile editor).
Flag_Hippo

Postby Tolp » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:34 pm

Fixed in the new version (4.14.23). Thank you
Tolp

Return to PokerTracker 4