Microgaming (MPN) hand history officially has changed

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Microgaming (MPN) hand history officially has changed

Postby cemerel » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:21 pm

With the changes, it seems there is no way to track anon tables anymore. BTW right now PT4 cannot track the hands if the player didn't contribute money to the pot. You can still look at the hand you mucked before pre-flop but no other info is given if you didnt contribute to pot. So at these hands PT4 fails to get the handhistory. Dear beloved developers we need an urgent update for microgaming. Thank you. :mrgreen:

Article about it from Poker News Daily.
http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/mpn-hand- ... ril-29539/
cemerel

Re: Microgaming (MPN) hand history officially has changed

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:04 am

I'm expecting an update today to block the import of MicroGaming cash hands. We can't import these incomplete hands as most of the information is missing, so the stats would be completely wrong.
WhiteRider

Postby ntgale » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:06 am

Do you plan to fix it? at least i want to know what my stats is
ntgale

Postby APerfect10 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:02 am

Unfortunately, we will no longer be able to support Microgaming's cash games.

Microgaming is rolling out a change across their network where hand histories are only written when you contribute money to the pot. If you do not contribute money to the pot then no hand histories are written.

Due to this change, we are forced to no longer support Microgaming's cash games. Since Microgaming has not made this change to tournaments, we will continue to support Microgaming tournaments as long as hand histories are written for every hand.

Why do we have to end support? If we imported only hands where you contributed money to the pot, it would directly render many stats as incorrect and greatly skew other stats. We cannot import data into PokerTracker that results in invalid stats which could negatively impact you the user and your decisions.

If you are unhappy with this change then we suggest that you contact Microgaming to voice your displeasure. It is our opinion that as long as you pay the blinds, you should have access to play until you no longer want to pay the blinds. And as long as you are paying the blinds and dealt into a hand that you should have complete access to those hands that you paid for and were dealt into.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby cemerel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:17 am

The thing is Microgaming still gives you the hands that hero folded even if not contribute to the pot but no other information other than that. So with a little change the hero stats still can be trackable correctly, i believe. Because of the country regulations i have no chance to play other place right now. (thinking about changing country but there is still time for that) At least if i can track my own stats for now it will be lovely.

Btw i just checked the traffic history for the MPN but it seems hasn't changed a bit since after the new history rules. :S wierd actually. But ofc still it is early to say lets see whats gonna happen.
cemerel

Postby hagaic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:42 am

1) Does this mean HUD will still show stats based on old hand histories? or no HUD at all for MPN from now?
2) What if I just want to mark some of my hands for reviewing them later? should be possible since its not a stats thing, or no import at all?
3) Tracking my own stats should be feasible as someone pointed out.
4) Also what about note-tracker and color coding in the HUD?
hagaic

Postby gdarkov » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:20 pm

It is very pity that you COMPLETELY stopped supporting MPN hands histories. Because the most important is to see opponents stats, than my own. If I get at least hands when I put money into the pot, I at least get about 20% of hands of my opponents and my HUD will work and I do not think their stats wil be very incorrect without the hands I just folded, only mine. As I understood by your new update you made me completely blind on MPN tables, wright??
gdarkov

Postby KinglyLion » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:59 pm

I 100% disagree with completely removing the support for the site. There doesnt seem to be a solid reason for this.

The only reason you brought up is that stats will be wrong. So what? At least our results & bb/100 will still be correct. And we will still be able to review our HHs. If you completely block support we will lose a lot of functions that are very vital. I dont mind playing without a correct HUD. Tbh i dont see a big problem with this, HUDless environments have proven to be succesful a lot of times already (Ignition etc.).

But i see a problem with losing the functions from PT4 that i paid for without a real reason.

If you want to protect your users from "wrong stats", just block HUD for MPN sites, or install a popup that reads "ATTENTION; STATS FOR MPN CASH ARE SCREWED!".

Idc how you handle it, but please dont completely stop support, that is just unreasonable.
KinglyLion

Postby gdarkov » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:41 pm

KinglyLion wrote:I 100% disagree with completely removing the support for the site. There doesnt seem to be a solid reason for this.

The only reason you brought up is that stats will be wrong. So what? At least our results & bb/100 will still be correct. And we will still be able to review our HHs. If you completely block support we will lose a lot of functions that are very vital. I dont mind playing without a correct HUD. Tbh i dont see a big problem with this, HUDless environments have proven to be succesful a lot of times already (Ignition etc.).

But i see a problem with losing the functions from PT4 that i paid for without a real reason.

If you want to protect your users from "wrong stats", just block HUD for MPN sites, or install a popup that reads "ATTENTION; STATS FOR MPN CASH ARE SCREWED!".

Idc how you handle it, but please dont completely stop support, that is just unreasonable.

Agree with everything except of blocking HUD. Just inform about wrong stats, if someone does not want to see them at all he could stop hand importing from MPN by himself.
gdarkov

Postby hagaic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:58 pm

BTW I think there shouldn't be any probelm with HU tables since hero is forced to contribute money to the pot in every hand.
hagaic

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4