Microgaming (MPN) hand history officially has changed

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Microgaming (MPN) hand history officially has changed

Postby 123 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:24 pm

ommaha wrote:it would be a very bad move mid- to longterm from a game theoretical view if it was that easy for a site to remove a poker tracking tool.

That's an excellent point.

Besides, in my understanding most of the stats will still be valid, they just will take some more time to converge.
Please re-think this decision :)

Postby jokersplay » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:13 am

I think you should be delivering on that promise.
jokersplay

Postby KobeBryantLA » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:25 am

There is no any reason to remove hands import and session stats: hands, winnings, win rates, etc, because all stats are correct.
There is no any reason to remove HUD in HU, because all stats are correct.
I don't know what to do with 6max, but I play mostly HU and I lost all the functionaly for no reason.
Please return Microgaming hands import and HUD to future releases.
KobeBryantLA

Postby PTQ's » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:02 pm

As long as I know my HUD stats are not correct then I know not to rely on them. I use PT4 mainly to track my wins/losses, so at least give us back that feature. Also, it would be nice to receive notification in the form of an email or pop-up notifying us of significant changes such as this. I've just spent days of wasted time trying to reconfigure my site imports, as I thought it was a problem on my end. EDIT: When viewing import status, I did get the message "Warning: Microgaming: Cash hand import disabled". But this does not make it clear that it is disabled on purpose by PokerTracker and that it's not an error of some sort.
PTQ's

Postby 123 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Push... please guys :)

Postby ratchy » Thu May 11, 2017 1:17 pm

gdarkov wrote:
KinglyLion wrote:I 100% disagree with completely removing the support for the site. There doesnt seem to be a solid reason for this.

The only reason you brought up is that stats will be wrong. So what? At least our results & bb/100 will still be correct. And we will still be able to review our HHs. If you completely block support we will lose a lot of functions that are very vital. I dont mind playing without a correct HUD. Tbh i dont see a big problem with this, HUDless environments have proven to be succesful a lot of times already (Ignition etc.).

But i see a problem with losing the functions from PT4 that i paid for without a real reason.

If you want to protect your users from "wrong stats", just block HUD for MPN sites, or install a popup that reads "ATTENTION; STATS FOR MPN CASH ARE SCREWED!".

Idc how you handle it, but please dont completely stop support, that is just unreasonable.

Agree with everything except of blocking HUD. Just inform about wrong stats, if someone does not want to see them at all he could stop hand importing from MPN by himself.

I 100 Percent agree and see no reason to block HUD just inform people stat's aren't accurate and let the do what they want. Microgaming let's us see the hands we put money into the pot with I don't see why PT3 then decides we shouldn't get any of the Data very poor job by you guys going over and above what Microgaming did!!!!!! Very disappointed by this move especially since it's so unnecessary and was still working before update to some degree which is better then nothing at all
ratchy

Postby Wolferl » Thu May 18, 2017 8:18 am

Most stats are still working, so no reason to disable them. Are there no admins reading this post? MPN is still on the list of supported sites!
Wolferl

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu May 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Wolferl wrote:MPN is still on the list of supported sites!

Microgaming has not made this change to tournaments so we will continue to support Microgaming tournaments as long as hand histories are written for every hand and our list of supported sites clearly indicates cash games are not supported.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bettyboothroydmp » Fri May 19, 2017 3:14 pm

How do I download the previous version please?

Edit: nevermind -- found it. https://www.pokertracker.com/products/P ... .14.23.exe
bettyboothroydmp

Postby cntgetmedown » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:54 am

APerfect10 wrote:
klosar22 wrote:I don't see how postflop stats should be affected??
Just preflop, if your customers are too stupid to interpret data, that's their fault.

Hero's pre-flop stats would be entirely inaccurate and villain's post flop stats would be extremely skewed. This is not something that is obvious until you really think about it.

Are you saying that villain's preflop stats are safe to use? A lot of people are saying that those statistics seem unchanged after the update. I also can't really think of a reason why they would not be accurate.

Regarding postflop, can you perhaps give me a concrete example to help me think about the problem? The only thing I can think of is that the stats will be skewed in the sense that if we only see hands where we VPIP, then villain's postflop stats will differ in the sense that they now reflect villain's play relative to hero and also relative to hero's position at the table. So say we play one session where we are out of position every hand against villain and then the next session where the opposite is true, the stats we have will be somewhat meaningless. However, hypothetically speaking, shouldn't that average out over time? Also,
it would seem that a way around that would be to only use very detailed stats. For example "vs hero cbet button vs big blind", stats like that couldn't be wrong, right?
cntgetmedown

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4