Create live hands

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Create live hands

Postby maverickag » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:11 am

I have been watching Doug Polk discuss his live hands. He puts them into PT4 and discusses each street. I would like how to know how to do this so that I can share with my friends who also play live and have PT4. Can anyone help with this?
maverickag

Re: Create live hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:37 am

I don't know the method Doug Polk uses to create live hands but it maybe with a tool like this.
Flag_Hippo

Postby maverickag » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:16 am

To use that I would have to know how to put the hand in there which I don't know how to do
maverickag

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:11 pm

To use the converter you just enter the details of the hand. On the first screen you select betting type, big blind amount, number of players e.t.c. then after submitting those details you enter player names, stack sizes and any known cards then finally you submit the player actions. Note that I do not know what tool Doug Polk uses to convert live hands as this particular converter does not appear to create a format of hand that is compatible with PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Postby CaptSmith » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:34 pm

Entering live hands for replay should be a standard feature in PT. Constructing a hand history manually is just not human as you have to calculate correct pot sizes and other details. Unfortunately, such a feature, among other user requests, are ignored by the developers.

However, I have tested this link to the hand history generator. It works in very basic hands, where players do not get to showdown. If a player is all-in, then things start to go wrong.
CaptSmith

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:10 am

PokerTracker 4 is a tool for online poker players so to do this you'd need to create a complete hand history in the format of one of our supported sites in order to be able to import it into PokerTracker 4. Another option if you want to do this is to filter for a similar hand in PokerTracker 4, export it and then you can edit it before importing the edited file back into PokerTracker 4. Incidentally I am not saying that a feature for live play will never be implemented and if we get enough requests for something in particular it will definitely be considered but we do not give out details as to which functionality we are going to be designing and including in future updates until it is ready.
Flag_Hippo

Postby CaptSmith » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:34 am

Reminder: Almost another year has gone, while thousands and thousands of players are still in search of a way to import their live hands into PokerTracker, so they can track and analyze.
CaptSmith

Return to PokerTracker 4