ERROR in configure postgresql server

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

ERROR in configure postgresql server

Postby Arkk » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:55 am

Right after the installation and after I use the default server, database user, port and password values I get error: Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration.

I got 64b PostgreSQL 9.3 installed on my 64b windows 10 laptop right before the pt4 installation.
Arkk

Re: ERROR in configure postgresql server

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:14 pm

If you click the "New" button can you create a new database? If not please restart PokerTracker 4 using the logging enabled link on your Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then report it via our support system with your log file and some of your most recent PostgreSQL log files. You can find the PokerTracker 4 log file here:

C:\Users\SOME_NAME\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\PokerTracker4.log

If you do not see the AppData folder in Windows File Explorer then see this guide. If PostgreSQL (64bit) was installed to its default location then you can find those log files in this folder:

C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data/pg_log
Flag_Hippo

Postby Arkk » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:58 am

OK its working now!

Another question, is there an option for PT4 to import hands as normal, WITHOUT the hud appearing on the tables?

I want to play a few thousand hands undistracted, THEN take a look at stats/sessions etc to see what my normal play looks like ( I ve deleted all hand histories so far to start fresh)
Arkk

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:30 pm

You can stop the HUD after you start 'Get Hands While Playing' via the HUD menu but there isn't an option to not have it start although another option you might want to consider is to create a blank HUD and set that as required via 'HUD > Edit HUD Options > Profile Select'.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4