processed hands missing

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

processed hands missing

Postby courtiebee » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:49 pm

I went to look at my processed hands file in PT4 and I noticed that many hands are missing. In fact, I only see hands since May 1st, 2017 and the rest are gone. I should have a couple years worth of processed hands in that file, but I only see the 2017 folder and the months before May 2017 are all missing. I took a look in my Options and the file for where the processed hands go is unchanged, so I'm quite confused. Is there somewhere else they could be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
courtiebee

Re: processed hands missing

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:13 am

Is the folder where your processed hands are currently being moved to the default location?

C:\Users\SOME_NAME\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Processed

If it isn't then check that location for your hands which you can access via the "File -> Open User Data Folder" option in PokerTracker 4. If that is where your hands are currently being moved to then search in Windows File Explorer for any other '2017' or 'PokerStars' folders and see if they were previously being moved to a non-default location.
Flag_Hippo

Postby courtiebee » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:05 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I had set my processed hands to be moved to a folder on my desktop, and that is where I am currently seeing my processed hands since the start of May 2017.

I went to the default location that you specified and found some processed hands there, but only for two days in 2015. So all of the rest of my hands since 2015 including 2016 and the rest of 2017 are missing.

I do have results for these years in my PokerTracker when I go to View Stats, but I cannot find the hands anywhere. Is there anywhere else you can think of that I should possibly look?
courtiebee

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:45 am

Have you searched for any other '2016', '2017' or 'PokerStars' folders using Windows File Explorer? Do you have a Windows.old\Users\%Username% directory on your computer? If you cannot find anything then I' d recommend backing up your existing data and if you want copies of your hand histories you can export them from PokerTracker 4 and/or request them from PokerStars and any other sites if they support that. Incidentally when you export tournaments from PokerTracker 4 then this also creates summary files which contain your results which is useful if you have manually entered or edited any of the results.
Flag_Hippo

Postby courtiebee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Yes I looked in the places you specified and can't find anything. I will do as you suggest and backup the database as well as export the HHs. Thanks for your help.
courtiebee

Return to PokerTracker 4