SNG detection issues

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

SNG detection issues

Postby bututo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:48 am

Hello there,

I'm grinding 45man regular speed SNG on Pokerstars these days, and here are the issues I got with Pokertracker:

Before the latest update:
1) 95% of the time Pokertracker detects the regular speed SNGs as 'Turbo', so each time I finish one, I have to go manually edit the tournament result, and within the tournament description to MTT 5-Table SNG (from MTT 5-Table SNG Turbo).
This is less of an issue, but still something annoying especially if some plays a lot of it.

After the latest update:
2) After a SNG ends, when I display the results by description, the games 95% don't get in the original MTT 5-Table SNG category, not just only they get into Turbo most of the time, but also, they make a new group with the same "MTT 5-Table SNG Turbo" category, and there are several groups displayed, with only 1 game in them. I may clear my unclear explanation with this screenshot:
(pardon my Paint skills)

When I go to edit manually a tournament result, and open the description (DESC) tab, it shows several "MTT 5-Table SNG" and "MTT 5-Table SNG Turbo" options, and after clicking the "remove unused descriptions" option, it still left me these up.

This is the result after I edited some of the SNGs description from "MTT 5-Table SNG Turbo" to "MTT 5-Table SNG". The reason why I can't put everything in one group is:

3) When I open some of the groups with supposingly one SNG in it, some of them is totally empty like this:
For example double clicking on the first one:
Results this empty tab:

Extra: If I open the one with 2 SNGs in it, which is on the positive balance just above the main group, it doesn't show those two SNGs up, but the main category with 159 SNG results in it.

If I sort it by buyin, by tournament or by date, everything seems OK, I can even find the supposingly disappearing tournaments, but I just couldn't put them back in one main "MTT 5-Table SNG" category any how I tried.

Could you look up this issue for me?
Thank you in advance
bututo

Re: SNG detection issues

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:21 am

Are you saving and importing PokerStars tournament summaries as well as the hand histories? For the most accurate results we recommend that you have Tournament Summaries set to save in PokerStars (Settings -> Playing History -> Tournament Summaries) and set to import into PT4 (in Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> PokerStars).

Guide: PokerStars Tournament Summaries

If you have any further trouble please include all relevant information detailing the problem and compress the hand history/tournament summary files for any tournaments which don't work for you and attach them to a Support Ticket. By default PokerTracker 4 moves your processed hand histories/summary files to your \PokerTracker 4\Processed folder which you can access via the "File -> Open User Data Folder" option.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bututo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:34 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Are you saving and importing PokerStars tournament summaries as well as the hand histories? For the most accurate results we recommend that you have Tournament Summaries set to save in PokerStars (Settings -> Playing History -> Tournament Summaries) and set to import into PT4 (in Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> PokerStars).

Guide: PokerStars Tournament Summaries

If you have any further trouble please include all relevant information detailing the problem and compress the hand history/tournament summary files for any tournaments which don't work for you and attach them to a Support Ticket. By default PokerTracker 4 moves your processed hand histories/summary files to your \PokerTracker 4\Processed folder which you can access via the "File -> Open User Data Folder" option.

You were right on the part PT4 did not import the tournament summaries, I was able to add it manually in Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> PokerStars -> Directories Configuration (at first Tools -> Setup Assistant couldn't detect it).
I was able to get rid of the new "MTT 5-Table SNG" groups by opening each SNG result at the "By Tournament" tab, where I could find all my games, then putting them into a new separate tournament description (DESC) until I was left with the original "MTT 5-Table SNG" and the "Temporary Description" options at the "By Description" tab. I was able to remove the unused descriptions, then I was left with only one "MTT 5-Table SNG" option when choosing descriptions, which did put them into the place where they should be. And afterwards I removed the unused "Temporary Description" as well.

I will update you on how the software reacts after playing an SNG. Thank you for your help so far.
bututo

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Thanks for the update and if you have any further trouble report that to us in a Support Ticket as I suggested above.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bututo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:28 am

A user called 'Buckadrew' opened the topic "Glitch with latest update" yesterday saying:

Buckadrew wrote:Since the latest update I note that tournament results by description are no longer amalgamating tournaments of the same type. Every single tourny is showing up as a category. Is this flagged for a fix asap? Not a major deal but very unattractive.

The same problem still exists for me, so temporarily I solved the problem by reinstalling the previous version I had, and now my tournament detection works correctly.
bututo

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:34 am

This issue is now logged in our system so if you would like to be automatically notified when a fix is available please open a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4