All-in Equity Adj BB/100

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

All-in Equity Adj BB/100

Postby Drobb » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm sure people have asked this many times and I tried searching the forum and coudn't find the answer. Using google, it seems like there is some confustion. I asked this once before but not in the forum and I think I came away possibly wrong so I wanted to try to clarify it. People seem to prefer the equity adj BB/100 over just BB/100. I think it would be a preferable measure if it included your win rate for all hands, all in and non all in, with the caveat that for the all-in hands it uses the EV at the time all the money that went in. This might be how the statistic works which was my original assumption. However, I came away from that conversation with the idea that this statistic only covers all in hands. I saw someone in a forum who also thought it only covers all-in hands while others seem to think it includes all hands. If that is the case, I feel like it excludes all hands that didn't get all in, which seems less useful when trying to evaluate your overall winrate. I looked at the calculation in configure stats but didn't think it answered my question. I'm not sure how to ask the question in a way that I get the answer that I'm looking for but hopefully this is clear enough.
Drobb

Re: All-in Equity Adj BB/100

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:21 pm

Drobb wrote:I think it would be a preferable measure if it included your win rate for all hands, all in and non all in, with the caveat that for the all-in hands it uses the EV at the time all the money that went in. This might be how the statistic works which was my original assumption.

The 'All-In Equity Adjusted BB/100' includes your winrate from all of your hands so your original assumption was correct.
Flag_Hippo

Re: All-in Equity Adj BB/100

Postby Drobb » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Cool, that makes sense. In that some people who I study as far as coaching use the adj bb/100 figure more. Thanks.
Drobb

Return to PokerTracker 4