Cannot save notes or change color in party poker

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Cannot save notes or change color in party poker

Postby sgfarquharson » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:49 pm

has anyone come across this problem? When I make a note on a player when playing on party poker and click save, it does not save. But when I make a note on a player in the hand replayer it works just fine.Any help would be appreciated.
sgfarquharson

Re: Cannot save notes or change color in party poker

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:15 am

Please enable logging, reproduce this problem and then send your log file to us in a Support Ticket. You can access the log file by clicking 'File --> Show User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window - the file we need is the text file called 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.
Flag_Hippo

Postby shynepo3 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:39 am

Can someone verify this - i can't save notes on party poker either. i can on pokerstars. Pls let me know, thanks.
shynepo3

Postby shynepo3 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:36 am

Is this not a common problem? Mods?
shynepo3

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:37 am

Are you playing cash games? Party poker cash tables have anonymous player names so it isn't possible to take notes - they wouldn't be any use since we can't know which player they refer to.
WhiteRider

Postby shynepo3 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:23 pm

that's odd - are the names are randomnized? Cause the players did have names - are these names just random aliases? I was playing a regular cash game.

I normally play the fast forward games, which i just started on my mobile. It doesnt look to be random aliases - as I see the same players often. I will try later today to see if i can note take on them on pc.
shynepo3

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:55 am

While you are seeing player names at the tables the player names in the hand history files used by PokerTracker 4 have been anonymised by partypoker to 'Player 1', 'Player 2' e.t.c. As a result PokerTracker 4 now defaults to show session stats for the anonymous players but it will still track your own results fully (your own name is not anonymous in the histories). The anonymous names only apply to normal cash tables; it doesn't affect tournaments or fast forward tables at this time.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4