PT4 Restart?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 Restart?

Postby clanty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi,

Title might be misleading; I did not know what the appropriate title should be - sorry.

I'm not sure when this happened, but PT4 has seemingly reset itself to an earlier date (that of about two weeks ago) - lots of my features in PT4 have been removed/reset, and un-coincidentally, they were all features that I recently added. For example:

- My configured reports for Basic/Advance under Results have reset themselves to what they were about a fortnight ago
- Same story with my HUD profiles
- Again with my Tags
- Newly added filters gone (and to prove to myself that I wasn't going insane, the missing filters were still in a folder that I save all my filters to, so a simple import did the trick for that)

Everything has been resolved, but has anyone else reported this?

I appreciate any feedback on this.

Thank you!
clanty

Re: PT4 Restart?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:15 am

I don't see any other reports currently in our system for this nevertheless I'd recommend making regular backups of your PokerTracker data especially if you have alot of custom information.
Flag_Hippo

Postby clanty » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:00 am

Hi Hippo,

Yes I make sure to back everything up.

There is no doubt in my mind that something malfunctioned in PT4 causing this error to happen, and I would be very surprised if this just happened to me. Since it restored the data to a recent time instead of just completely wiping it out, I would imagine that some people haven't noticed the difference, especially if they hadn't been tampering with their HUDs/Report configs recently (no HH's were deleted, just the features reset), so it would be quite easy to not realise.

Is there a possibility that this can be looked into further, just in case there is an issue that will continue to relay itself until fixed.

Thank you!
clanty

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:40 pm

Thanks for letting us know and I have tried several things although it's not something I've been able to reproduce and without any further information there isn't anything else I can suggest or forward to the development team at this time.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4