Error when creating a new database

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Error when creating a new database

Postby alexduy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi,

When I tried to create a new database, I got a message saying the following:

"Unable to create PostgreSQL databse: PT4_2017_08_05_102513 Reason: Unable to login to database (template1). Reason could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"

Can some please assist?

Thanks
alexduy

Re: Error when creating a new database

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:40 pm

Locate and delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ although you may have a different PostgreSQL version (e.g. 8.4, 9.0) or have it installed in C:\Program Files (x86). Once it's deleted, reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If that does not help then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it?

Open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.
Flag_Hippo

Postby imuckinghateu » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:12 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Locate and delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ although you may have a different PostgreSQL version (e.g. 8.4, 9.0) or have it installed in C:\Program Files (x86). Once it's deleted, reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If that does not help then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it?

Open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.

Hey i deleted everything includign this specific file when i download it again its not there anymore is somethign wrong on ur end server seems like man7 are facing this issue ?
imuckinghateu

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:32 pm

PostgreSQL is stored locally on your machine and has nothing to do with our servers although it appears you have resolved this since you have opened a new thread about WPN here.
Flag_Hippo

Postby KidScratch2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:17 am

hey man did you ever get your PT4 to work? im currently having the same issue
KidScratch2

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:46 pm

KidScratch2 wrote:hey man did you ever get your PT4 to work? im currently having the same issue

I have replied in your own thread on this.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4