Just bought and software wont configure

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Just bought and software wont configure

Postby KidScratch2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:29 pm

I recently just bought and installed PT4 for Americas Cardroom. The step comes up where i have to put the Server, Database User, and Password. I input the info and when i press connect a screen pops up saying "unable to connect to this cardroom, please check the configuration. Im new to this software so pretty lost. Help really appreciated.
KidScratch2

Re: Just bought and software wont configure

Postby KidScratch2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:12 pm

when i enter the default settings for the "Configure PostgreSQL Server" another window pops up saying its unable to connect to database
KidScratch2

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:48 am

When you started PokerTracker 4 the first time did it ask if it could install PostgreSQL for you? If so did you notice if the PostgreSQL install completed successfully and had you rebooted your computer before trying to use PokerTracker 4? PostgreSQL is the program where PokerTracker 4 will store your poker data so if it didn't install PokerTracker 4 won't be able to start. Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it?
Flag_Hippo

Postby KidScratch2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:18 am

When i click the windows button and type in services.msc i dont see it on that list
KidScratch2

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Thanks. If the PostgreSQL service isn't listed then that means it isn't currently installed so please refer to this guide to get it reinstalled. If you need any further assistance with that please open a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4