Problems setting up PT4

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Problems setting up PT4

Postby zeelazyman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Problems setting up PT4

Hi, I am having vast difficulty setting up PT4. When I downloaded PT4, the option to download Postgressql did not come up. I then downloaded it externially through this site. https://www.postgresql.org/

I proceeded to follow the instructions within the PT4 page and it was not able to configure properly.

When I have to install this externially from the postgres website how do I go abouts setting it up properly so my PT4 finally works? I just spent $100 on it and would hate to not be able to use it.

TY for all of your help.
zeelazyman

Re: Problems setting up PT4

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:20 am

Did you receive confirmation that PostgreSQL installed successfully? Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it?
Flag_Hippo

Postby starsdk17 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm

Please i need help.

I tried to install on a mac the poker tracker software but a message keeps on appearing:

Unable to login to database (postgres). reason: could not connect to server: no such file or directory is the server running
locally and accepting connections on unix domain socket"/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

What do i need to do to complete the installation?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone asap.

Thank you
starsdk17

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Did you notice if the PostgreSQL install completed successfully, and had you rebooted your computer before trying to use PokerTracker 4? Do you see PostgreSQL in your Applications folder? If it's not downloading and installing automatically via PokerTracker 4 you can download PostgreSQL and install it manually by following this tutorial. If you need any further assistance then please open a Support Ticket where one of our technicians can assist you.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4