Fatal Error

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Fatal Error

Postby B Champman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:23 am

hey guys,

Im getting this when trying to view my database

https://gyazo.com/bfb34e8c25e31e9be30f57f4a8de7cf4

It only occurs when trying load hands on my main alias (which is comprised of about 8 usernames) but I have narrowed it down to one specific username that causes this fatal error. I have my hands loaded into seperate DBs occasionally to view by screenname and a couple work fine but one specifically shows this error regardless of the DB I have active.

The site the hands come from is PokerStars so I can always request in audit all the hands in question and reload in db after purging the areas with this issue but idk if that will completely solve this issue so im looking for a more full solution.
B Champman

Re: Fatal Error

Postby B Champman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:30 am

I submitted a ticket with the log file, but clearly this is a postreSQL issue after doing a little research.
Lucky for me, im switching computers in the next couple days so I just want to move my DB to the new one and then I can completely erase postgres/pt4 from this computer. I just want to know if you think its possible to backup my DB in this state and transfer it to a new pc with a fresh postgres/pt4 setup or if it will carry the same issue over. Just wondering before I backup this large db as I can just request audits and recreate the db by importing hands. 2/3 of the db is already backed up anyway but because of this error I cant pick and choose to export so if I want the newest 1/3 its either a full backup all at once or request multiple hh audits. Thanks guys
B Champman

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:34 am

That error indicates the database is damaged so it will probably prevent you from backing up your database as well. Even if you are able to backup/restore the database it will be restored in exactly the same state it was when you backed it up so that likely wouldn't resolve the error in the restored version. To attempt to fix it you can run a reindex via the "Database > Database Management window" - to do that select the affected database, then click "Housekeeping > Reindex". After the housekeeping is complete you should click your database then "Rebuild Cache -> Full Cache Rebuild". Be prepared for this to take a considerable amount of time if you have a large database, so you'll want to run it when you're not using PokerTracker 4 for a while (such as overnight maybe). Make sure that your computer does not power itself off or go to sleep while it's running or you will need to run it again from the start.
Flag_Hippo

Postby B Champman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:06 am

I tried to reindex and got this https://gyazo.com/9c9bd352433ec6d49e75406ddf6b33cd and afterwards it tried to vacuum and the same error came up. I tried to full rebuild cache after and the same thing. None ran for longer than a minute. I assume the whole db is dead, which isnt a big deal, but is there a way to extract a portion of hands from it at all?
B Champman

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:26 am

If the reindex didn't fix the damage then you can try exporting hands from your database. Also PokerTracker 4 moves your original hand histories to your \PokerTracker 4\Processed folder which you can access via the "File -> Open User Data Folder" option although if you have a large number of manually entered tournament results then it is best to export those hands from the database where you entered the results as this will create summary files too which contain your manual results. Finally if you have any manual player notes you would like to keep you can export those via 'Database -> Notes'.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4