"Unable to begin feeder import process"

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

"Unable to begin feeder import process"

Postby Mescosa17 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:23 am

"Error: Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: Failed to load database information"

This is the message I get when I try to import hands while playing. I just bought and downloaded pokertracker 4 yesterday and it doesnt seem to be working.
I've downloaded both posgresQL 9.6 and 9.2, but have turned off 9.6 because it says version newer than 9.3 dont work properly.

When I enter the database manager I also cant seem to create new databases (allthough strangely enough it worked yesterday iirc):

"Unable to create PostgreSQL database: PT4_2017_09_13_152154
Reason: Unable to login to database (template1). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"

Additionally, when I try to set one of the databases active it says "You cannot activate an invalid database."

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mescosa17

Re: "Unable to begin feeder import process"

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Please enable logging, reproduce this problem and then send your log file to us in a Support Ticket so we can see what's going on here. You can access the log file by clicking 'File --> Show User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window - the file we need is the text file called 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder. In addition to the PokerTracker4.log file please also attach your most recent 5 or 6 PostgreSQL log files from both v9.2 and v9.6.
Flag_Hippo

Postby suyog15 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:40 am

I am facing the same issue since last two days....... Could you help me understand the solution for it?
suyog15

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:43 pm

In PokerTracker 4 go to 'Configure -> Site & Import Options -> Preferences' and make sure both the 'Databases' boxes have '[Current Active Database]' selected.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4