Made Hands - Bluffs

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Made Hands - Bluffs

Postby nbiresev » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:37 am

hi i would like to create a filter for made hands - bluffs.
Definition of bluffs for me would be all hands weaker than middle pair (high cards, underpair to the board).
When i select filter Made Hands - High Cards e.g. on river, the problem is that on paired boards, e.g. hand KsQs on board AcAd3s is going to be a one pair hand and not high card. So for me here KsQs is a bluff.
The same is on tripple paired board.
nbiresev

Re: Made Hands - Bluffs

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:20 pm

To do that you will need to add filters for having a pair using no hole cards and for having three of a kind using no hole cards. Once they are added you will need to join the filters with 'OR' - see this guide for details on grouping filters.
Attachments
filter.png
Flag_Hippo

Postby nbiresev » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi thanks a lot for help. You made a filter for high cards, but not for underpairs. And i think that underpair is a bit more complicated than high cards.
Bluff definition: High cards and underpairs.

Another issue i see in your filter is with "one pair using no hole cards on the RIVER", so what if we made one pair using no hole cards on the turn or flop? So i think it should be any street filter instead of on River?

Is there an option to copy-paste filters? Often i make a filter and would like to use it for other filter, then i have to start all over again.
nbiresev

Postby nbiresev » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:23 pm

In the attachment you can see my filter. I have following problem due to filter "on any street":

Example

We have A :diamond: 5 :diamond: . Board is T :club: T :diamond: 3 :diamond: 2 :spade: 4 :diamond:
Here the filter will be true because on Flop we had a 1 pair without hole cards and on river we hit flush which is obviously not a bluff. There are off course many scenarious like this.

As a solution, i could add filter for NOT (having made hand top pair, or two pair or set or full hause or straight or flush with one or more whole cards) on any street.

But now filter with my solution became huge and unreadable. Do you maybe have more elegant solution?
Attachments
filter.png
Filter bluff
nbiresev

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:44 am

nbiresev wrote:Hi thanks a lot for help. You made a filter for high cards, but not for underpairs. And i think that underpair is a bit more complicated than high cards.

There is a filter for that in 'Hand Values -> One Pair -> Using Two Hole Cards -> Underpair to the Board'.
nbiresev wrote:Another issue i see in your filter is with "one pair using no hole cards on the RIVER", so what if we made one pair using no hole cards on the turn or flop? So i think it should be any street filter instead of on River?

nbiresev wrote:In the attachment you can see my filter. I have following problem due to filter "on any street":

You are filtering for 'Bet River Any River Bet' so if you want to filter for river bluffs you need to specify the players hand strength specifically for the river and not any street.
nbiresev wrote:Is there an option to copy-paste filters? Often i make a filter and would like to use it for other filter, then i have to start all over again.

You can save these as quick filters via 'Save As Quick Filter' which can then be loaded alongside any new filters by clicking 'Edit Quick Filters'. When you have selected a quick filter to load select "Append To Existing" and the filter will be loaded alongside the new filter. You can also use this method to merge several quick filters into one larger filter.
Flag_Hippo

Postby nbiresev » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:33 pm

You are filtering for 'Bet River Any River Bet' so if you want to filter for river bluffs you need to specify the players hand strength specifically for the river and not any street.

Hi your suggestion for filter of made hand on river (Because i want bet river bluffs) is not going to work because if you set a filter e.g. Made Three of a kind on River, it is going to select only hands that
made Three of a kind on River. It means that hands that made Three of a kind on flop or turn are going to be considered as bluffs. Understand the problem?
nbiresev

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:55 pm

nbiresev wrote:because if you set a filter e.g. Made Three of a kind on River, it is going to select only hands that made Three of a kind on River.

That is not how the filter works e.g. if you flop or turn three of a kind and the hand strength stays the same on the river then it will still get picked up when filtering for river hand strength only:
Attachments
threeoak.PNG
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4