Backup trial version

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Backup trial version

Postby Waengman » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Hello,

I used the trial version for a while and have already a few 10000 Hands saved. Now I have a new PC and I want to buy a license for PT4.
How can I take over the data from the old HD. Is it possible without a running Operation system? (perhaps copying the DB files).
Or is it necessary to build in the old HD into the old Hardware and start the old operation system.
Then I would add the key on the old PC – use the Backup functionality in the software. Afterwards I would finally decommission the old PC.
Install the Software on the new hardware (hopefully I can use the key now again??)

Thx BR Torsten
Waengman

Re: Backup trial version

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:55 am

The simplest thing would be to register PT4 on your old computer and make a Backup there, then install and register on your new computer and restore the backup.
(If you then uninstall PT4 from the old computer you'll still be able to use the license on another computer in the future if you ever need to, so you don't need to worry about it from that point of view.)

Alternatively you could just install and register PT4 on the new computer, copy the hand history files across and import them using Get Hands From Disk (although if you made any notes or tagged any hands then this wouldn't transfer that information).
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4