system requirements

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

system requirements

Postby phoenixx420 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:36 am

hi,

i'm looking to buy a cheap laptop to grind on during a 3 month trip through south east asia. i've had a look at your systems requirement page and searched the archives on similar posts as well.

i'm not particularly tech savvy, and i don't want to throw my money away buying a computer that doesn't suit my needs. i just want to double check i understand the minimum requirements correctly.

i'm looking at this computer:
Jumper Ez book 2
CPU: Intel Cherry Trail Z8300(Atom-X5 Z8300) 64bit Quad Core 1.34GHz, up to 1.84GHz
RAM/ROM: 4GB DDR3L + 64GB EMMC
https://www.amazon.co.jp/Ezbook-Ultrabo ... rds=laptop

from what i've read in the forums, the processor should be sufficient, correct? but there's one thing i'm not sure about: 64 gb of hard drive space seems small. my pt4 databases are not very large though. i make a new one every calendar year, and the one i'm using currently is 1.6 gb. will this computer have enough space to run pt4 comfortably?
phoenixx420

Re: system requirements

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:53 am

I don't have personal experience with that type of CPU, but I suspect you may find it a bit weak for PokerTracker with PostgreSQL and your sites running. 4GB RAM is pretty light these days too. If you are only going to have a small database like that then amount of storage may be sufficient (but bear in mind you'll need to install Windows in there too, so you won't have much space), but from what I can see eMMC drives are much slower than SSD drives so again that may not offer the performance that database updates need.
Something like that may "work", and if you are only going to play one or two tables then you may find it acceptable, but my feeling is it would be too weak.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4