"raw" HH format = PT's own format?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

"raw" HH format = PT's own format?

Postby hagaic » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:30 pm

When using Database > Export Hands, it seems PT4 exports to files in "raw" format which is different than the native sites format (seems similar but not identical to native-PokerStars, and quite different than the native source in WPN case).
Is the "raw" format PokerTracker's own uniform site independent format?
hagaic

Re: "raw" HH format = PT's own format?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:47 am

Hands that are exported are just the raw hand history text from those sites that save hands in regular text files but this will not work for sites where text hand history files are not used like WPN so PokerTracker 4 stores a plain text version of those hands instead in the database. If you want the raw hand history files for those then PokerTracker 4 moves those to your 'Processed' folder which you can access via the "File -> Open User Data Folder" option.
Flag_Hippo

Postby hagaic » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks for the information!
What I really want is to get all the hands in a session (or tournament) in some site-independent format, so I can parse them without worrying about site format differences and updates.
(The format in Hand Details > Copy to Clipboard is site-independent but I can't get it for an entire session).
hagaic

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:48 pm

There is a request in our system to add the ability to copy to clipboard directly from hand reports although if this were to be added I do not know whether it will be possible to do this for multiple hands at the same time. If you would like to be automatically notified if this functionality is added in a future update then you can let us know in a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4