pro poker hud - postgres sql

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

pro poker hud - postgres sql

Postby NeverOnSunD » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:38 am

Hi all,

I have an issue, I installed pro poker hud and followed all the steps they recommended following their get started pack
http://www.pokerhuds.com/getting-starte ... tracker-4/

Unfortunately, when I launched PT4 I have now a bug with my database with this message:

unable to login to db, reason: could not connect to server, connection refused (0x0000274D/10061). Is the server running on host? and accepting tcp/IP connections on port 5432?

In services I've also tried to launch postgres (set up in automatic) but i got an error type 1053. Service cannot connect rquick enough bla bla bla

in events I have checked and I have two error types:

2018-01-14 14:29:08 CET FATAL: n'a pas pu créer le segment de mémoire partagée : 8
2018-01-14 14:29:08 CET DÉTAIL: L'appel système qui a échoué était MapViewOfFileEx.

AND

Dépassement du délai pour le démarrage du serveur

Could you please support, I have to say that I have not change my firewall setup and that everything was working properly before. I am very very disapointed to have started this if it crashed my database.
Thanks in advance.

Julien
NeverOnSunD

Re: pro poker hud - postgres sql

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Locate and delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file by default in C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.4\data\ although you may have installed PostgreSQL elsewhere. Once it's deleted, reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If that does not fix it then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

event viewer

and click on it when it appears. In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.
WhiteRider

Postby NeverOnSunD » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Hello,

The postmaster.pid is not present in this directory and for the errors in the event viewer I did provide you all the détails in my previous message!

2018-01-14 14:29:08 CET FATAL: n'a pas pu créer le segment de mémoire partagée : 8
2018-01-14 14:29:08 CET DÉTAIL: L'appel système qui a échoué était MapViewOfFileEx.
NeverOnSunD

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:59 pm

Locate postgres.conf.sample on your machine (it's likely in the share subfolder of the PostgreSQL folder) and copy it over top of the postgresql.conf folder (in your PostgreSQL data folder - you'll need to rename the file to remove ".sample" after you copy it), then try restarting PostgreSQL. This will revert all settings to their initial state - that error is implying your memory settings are too aggressive.
WhiteRider

Postby NeverOnSunD » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Hello,

So I did follow what you said. postgres.conf.sample was in PostgreSQL>share. I made a copy of it and did paste it in the PostgreSQL folder (parent of "share"). I then renamed it taking out "sample".

Unfortunately, I have not reboot my computer but Nothing change. Still exact same issues... I even desinstall mc afee (which I was paying for) but Nothing change, nice! so the pb is elsewhere.
NeverOnSunD

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:00 am

Copy (don't move) your postgresql.conf file to C:\ and then rename it to C:\postgresql.txt. Once that is done please attach that file to a Support Ticket so we can take a look the settings.
Flag_Hippo

Postby NeverOnSunD » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:30 am

Ok I’ll do this as soon as back to my computer...
NeverOnSunD

Return to PokerTracker 4