Alias

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Alias

Postby SmartyMcduff » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Hey a number of questions here:

1) I created a global alias as described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJjLPy5C5pE and since I closed PT4 and reopened it appears to be blank. Im guessing I need to run the script again in pgadmin?

2) I wanted to subdivide the aliases for exploring different populations and since the alias appeared to be blank in the statistics tab, I selected a player and have included the other players I wanted in that alias and was wondering will this be saved the next time I re open PT4? and if not is there a way to save it so I could create it quicker in the future in pgadmin or something?

Im doing all of this on another PC purely for analysis and ive created a number of test databases and was wondering once the aliases have been created can I import more hands into the individual databases? and edit the aliases again? would make it much easier to study different populations.
SmartyMcduff

Re: Alias

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:40 am

Unfortunately using tools outside of PokerTracker 4 to access and modify the database is beyond the scope of our support here however if you go to 'My Reports -> New Report' and create an 'All Players Report' you can see data from all players combined. To do that remove the 'Player' stat from the report and then you will see data from all players combined and not broken down into rows for individual players. To remove the stat you can just double click on it under 'Report Stats'. You can then add the stats you want to the report by double clicking the ones you want under 'Available Stats'. Additionally if you add the following filter: NOT(Player is Hero) you'll see the data from villains only without Hero stats mixed in. Next if you want to look at a specific set of players then you can view their stats/hands in a custom report using this expression filter:

Code: Select all
player.player_name = 'name1' OR player.player_name = 'name2'

Replace 'name1' and 'name2' e.t.c with the screen names you want to see and leave the single quotes - those are needed. You can also add additional ORs if you want to view the data for more players.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4