8Max Compatability on iPoker

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

8Max Compatability on iPoker

Postby PokerBot » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:06 am

When playing on Coral 8Max games the HUD ALWAYS assumes its a 9Max game and i have to manually select "treat as 8Max", I don't mind having to do this once at the start of the tournament but it constantly changes back to 9Max even if its the same table. Is there a solution for this in works and in the mean time is the a way to make poker tracker force-8Max onto a table if the user selects that option

When playing 8Max tables the mucked cards are all over the place and don't correspond to the position in 8Max or even 9Max tables. I have confirmed that i have configured the mucked cards placement correctly but it never works... again is there a solution for this in the works because there are a lot more 8Max games being played on iPoker and other sites so 8Max compatibility is pretty important
PokerBot

Re: 8Max Compatability on iPoker

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Unfortunately iPoker do not specify the table size in their hand histories which makes difficult to identify 8max tables. The development team are aware of this issue so if you want to be automatically notified if this resolved in a future update you can let us know in a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Postby PokerBot » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:57 am

I understand how annoying it must be having to deal with ipoker hand histories but is there at least a way to force- the "treat as 8max" so that i don't have to keep changing it, (i am happy to have to select it when the tournament begins or when its a new table but having to do it every five minutes is too much!

Also forgot to add that multi entry games are still not very compatible with poker tracker... is there any developments in the pipeline or anything else i could do to at least make the issues less bad (like hero hud stats being merged across entries, HUD not updating etc)

Thanks
PokerBot

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:28 am

PokerBot wrote:I understand how annoying it must be having to deal with ipoker hand histories but is there at least a way to force- the "treat as 8max" so that i don't have to keep changing it, (i am happy to have to select it when the tournament begins or when its a new table but having to do it every five minutes is too much!

Does the Hud reset when the level changes, or at some other consistent point (it's possible that a window title change triggers it for example)?

Also forgot to add that multi entry games are still not very compatible with poker tracker... is there any developments in the pipeline or anything else i could do to at least make the issues less bad (like hero hud stats being merged across entries, HUD not updating etc)

If you have multi-entry tournaments which aren't detected correctly please attach the original hand history files to a Support Ticket and tell us exactly what is wrong and we will look into improving the tournament detection.
WhiteRider

Postby PokerBot » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:00 pm

If it helps i just played a multi entry 8max but only one entry at a time and i only had to manually select "treat as 8max" once and there were no other issues so it could be more the multi entry causing the issues rather than 8max

Please spend some time on trying to resolve this multi entry issue with coral because not everyone plays just on Stars any more so further compatibility is needed across sites, thanks
PokerBot

Postby PokerBot » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:55 am

8Max goes bad after a few hours of play even just playing one at a time, though it was my second entry if that makes any difference

9Max multi entry still merges hero stats and often does not update hero's HUD and BB stack size which is vital for tournament play
PokerBot

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:26 am

Can you please enable logging, reproduce this problem and then send your log file to us in a Support Ticket along with the hand histories. You can access the log file by clicking 'File --> Show User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window - the file we need is the text file called 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.
Flag_Hippo

Postby PokerBot » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:00 pm

Even when iPoker does not identify 8max vs. 9max, as I said previously why is there not an option to "force-detect-as…" so as to supersede any and all other integers and processes of poker tracker. This seems like a simply solution for the user since they only have to select its once per tournament and then tracker simply overrides any of its other HUD processes and force identifies that specific hand history as 8max?

I will try and do a troubleshoot but ill be loosing value by playing in games where the software doesn't work; basically the two tournament that give me issues are the 8max Special at 7.30pm UK time multi entry x4 and the 9max Brawl at 8.30PM UK time multi entry x4 . What exactly do i have to do play just two of each at the same time... can i play other games/sites for my grind otherwise I'm just wasting my time?
PokerBot

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 pm

PokerBot wrote:Even when iPoker does not identify 8max vs. 9max, as I said previously why is there not an option to "force-detect-as…" so as to supersede any and all other integers and processes of poker tracker. This seems like a simply solution for the user since they only have to select its once per tournament and then tracker simply overrides any of its other HUD processes and force identifies that specific hand history as 8max?

I wouldn't know how feasible that is but you will be automatically notified in the support ticket you have linked to this issue if there are any changes made with regards to 8max support on iPoker.
PokerBot wrote:I will try and do a troubleshoot but ill be loosing value by playing in games where the software doesn't work; basically the two tournament that give me issues are the 8max Special at 7.30pm UK time multi entry x4 and the 9max Brawl at 8.30PM UK time multi entry x4 . What exactly do i have to do play just two of each at the same time... can i play other games/sites for my grind otherwise I'm just wasting my time?

You can play a session as you normally would and then send us your log file along with the relevant hand history files from those tables.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4