Databases stop working

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Databases stop working

Postby thedodan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:50 am

Hi,
So i'am trying to figure out how to fix this problem for days now, nothing is working.

From time i installed Win 10 on my PC, whole postgresql always after few days stop working. Only fix is install new postgresql, but all databases from old one is not available.
I tried so much guides how to fix this problem, nothing is working.

Error: unable to login to database (PT3_xxxx_xx_xx_xxxxxx) - reason:could not connect to server:connection refused(0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCPT/IP connection on port 5432?

Any ideas? I'am pretty desperate right now.
thedodan

Re: Databases stop working

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:34 am

Locate and delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ although you may have a different PostgreSQL version (e.g. 8.4, 9.0) or have it installed in C:\Program Files (x86). Once it's deleted, reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If that does not help then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? If the PostgreSQL service is listed but not starting then open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.
Flag_Hippo

Postby thedodan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:55 am

I deleted that file too. Nothing changed.

There are a lot of errors, but not recent errors.

"postgres cannot access the server configuration file "c:/postgreSQL/data/postgresql.conf": No such file or directory "

"Timed out waiting for server startup "

"2018-02-11 21:01:36 CET FATAL: configuration file "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data/postgresql.conf" contains errors "

I think this errors are because i tried to edit postgresql.conf in different ways to try to fix it.

Anyway thanks for help, any other idea?
thedodan

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:12 pm

What about the PostgreSQL service itself? Was it listed in the services window? Do you have more than one PostgreSQL installed in 'Control Panel -> Programs & Features'. Also if you go to your C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data folder do you have a backup postgresql.conf file? It will be called something like 'postgresql.conf.20180207.ptbackup' so if you have a file like that rename the file you edited to something else and rename the backup file to 'postgresql.conf'. Once that is done restart your computer and see if PostgreSQL can start up again.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4