unable to login to database....I tried many instructions, it

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

unable to login to database....I tried many instructions, it

Postby xer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:47 am

Hello,
I have Eset internet security, windows 10, new update came out and PT4 is not working, reports "Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"

then when I click on the configuration I will pop up the message "Unable to connect to this database"

I have tried passwords dbpass, postgres and postgresspass.

I tried to disable the firewall, as well as the antivirus, the problem still persisted.

thank you for your feedback, I will provide you with all the other information
Attachments
automaticky.png
trust.png
xer

Re: unable to login to database....I tried many instructions

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:38 pm

Go inside your C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ folder and delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). Once it's deleted, reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If that does not help then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

event viewer

and click on it when it appears. In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.
Flag_Hippo

Postby xer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Go inside your C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ folder and delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). Once it's deleted, reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If that does not help then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

event viewer

and click on it when it appears. In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.

the postmaster.pid file is nowhere

I did what you did not write and the bugs are there a lot, for example:
"The wait time for the server start has expired"
"2018-02-17 17:18:26 CET FATAL: configuration file "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data/postgresql.conf" contains errors"
xer

Postby xer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:42 pm

some idea?
xer

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:53 am

Are you using a Czech locale in Windows? If you are then try the steps listed on this page. If that isn't the problem then please zip/compress your C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data/postgresql.conf file along with your 5 or 6 most recent PostgreSQL log files from the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data/pg_log folder and attach to a Support Ticket where one of our technicians can assist you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby xer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:05 pm

I wrote in support of support, how long does the answer take? I need to work and still have no responses.
xer

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Your ticket has been replied to and looking at your email address it appears you would be using a Czech locale so you'd probably need to refer to the steps I linked you to in my previous reply.
Flag_Hippo

Postby flogmylog » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:57 pm

I am having the same issues. I followed the steps posted in this thread without success. I was wondering if I could completely delete the PT4/Postgres and start fresh with the start-up wizard?
flogmylog

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:08 am

If you want to do that we have a guide for reinstalling PostgreSQL here.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4