Data Bases on external disks

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Data Bases on external disks

Postby rubencash » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:52 am

Hello, I use online translator.

My problem is that I have multiple databases in an external hard drive and I don't know how to recover them.

I pulled the old computer and bought a new one, so I can not access the old computer/PokerTracker to create a backup and restore it on the new computer.

However, the majority of my databases are still on the external hard drive, in the form of files weighing many GB (screenshot attached)

The question is. I lost all those databases even though they only exist as files?
(if possible I would like the bases of data is manengan on the external drive)

Many thanks in advance, greetings.
Attachments
dddd.PNG
rubencash

Re: Data Bases on external disks

Postby rubencash » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Other query sorry

I want to restore in PT4 the "BACKUP database " But to another disk, ej:

I have PT4 and postgres in the "Disk A "
And I want to restore from PT4, the backup of a database but to be restored in the "Disk B "
How can I do it?

Thanks again
rubencash

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:55 am

rubencash wrote:The question is. I lost all those databases even though they only exist as files?

If you want to try and access that data again you will need to reinstall the same version of PostgreSQL and using that /Data directory.
rubencash wrote:And I want to restore from PT4, the backup of a database but to be restored in the "Disk B "
How can I do it?

When you restore a database in PokerTracker 4 it will use the default tablespace so if you want that on another drive you can restore it as normal and then copy the database to a tablespace on another drive.
Flag_Hippo

Postby rubencash » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:53 am

Hello from new, sorry to reopen the thread.

You sai:
"If you want to try and access that data again you will need to reinstall the same version of PostgreSQL and using that /Data directory".

I am trying to install the external disk, the same version of postgres, to the same directory I have the databases.

The route that can see in the screenshot, is the synonymous of the usual route for databases "C:Program FilesPostgresDataBase" can you tell me the exact path of installation? " And the path of the directory?
(the installer asks me separately where to install every thing).

Thank you in advance.
rubencash

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:11 pm

rubencash wrote:can you tell me the exact path of installation?

By default PostgreSQL installs to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\x.y but you can install it wherever you like by changing the directory in the installer.

pginstall.png
pginstall.png (10.77 KiB) Viewed 813 times

rubencash wrote:And the path of the directory?

The installer then defaults to put the data directory in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\x.y\data or if you used a custom path it would be C:\whatever\your\directory\is\data. Regardless of where PostgreSQL is installed you can still point it to the location of your Data folder manually and it should detect the existing data.

pgdata.png
pgdata.png (10.29 KiB) Viewed 813 times
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4