not working

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

not working

Postby harryjbear » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:58 pm

i havent used pt4 for a while but want to start using it again, when i load it up i get this message "Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? " can anyone help with this? i am very unsavy when it comes to tech
harryjbear

Re: not working

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:50 am

Locate and delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ although you may have a different PostgreSQL version (e.g. 8.4, 9.0) or have it installed in C:\Program Files (x86). Once it's deleted, reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If that does not help then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? If the PostgreSQL service is not listed at all then it will need to be installed and we have a guide for that here. If the PostgreSQL service is listed but not starting then open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.
Flag_Hippo

Postby harryjbear » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Locate and delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ although you may have a different PostgreSQL version (e.g. 8.4, 9.0) or have it installed in C:\Program Files (x86). Once it's deleted, reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If that does not help then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? If the PostgreSQL service is not listed at all then it will need to be installed and we have a guide for that here. If the PostgreSQL service is listed but not starting then open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.

thank you, looks like i didnt veen have it installed
harryjbear

Postby hector.mds1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:41 pm

I have the same issue, I have done everything and It still doesn't work
hector.mds1

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:15 am

Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? If the PostgreSQL service is listed but not starting then open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.
Flag_Hippo

Postby areadentata » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:03 pm

Hello, I've the same problem and checked the Event Viewer.
PostgreSQL show following error:

2019-01-20 16:32:28 GMT FATAL: bogus data in lock file "postmaster.pid": ""
areadentata

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Locate and delete your postmaster.pid file (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ although you may have a different PostgreSQL version (e.g. 8.4, 9.0) or have it installed in C:\Program Files (x86). Once it's deleted, reboot your computer and see if that resolves the trouble.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4