Long restore

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Long restore

Postby xeca80 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:20 am

Hi friends,
I am doing a restore and its taking 24 hours now. I dont know whether is working right or not. The zip file is 431 mb large, and the space required 10588 mb. The pt4 task is using 27-28% cpu, constantly. What should i do ? Is this normal ?
xeca80

Re: Long restore

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:54 pm

If you are including 'Processed Hands' under 'Optional Files' in your restore then try restarting it with that option disabled and it should proceed much faster. Processed hands are not required for your database to restore and if you need to ever import from your original hand history files again you can manually extract them from the backup file.
Flag_Hippo

Postby xeca80 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:17 am

I have tried as indicated, and the restore completed much quicker, It took about 1h.
Then, I see its not important to keep proccesed hands in HD, is it? In what situaction can be usefull?
Thanks.
xeca80

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:27 pm

At the end of each session PokerTracker 4 moves the hand histories created by your poker site to your 'Processed' folder and these are the files that are included in a backup/restore if that option is enabled:

Guide: Processed Files

These original hand history files and are only needed should you ever need to re-import them again for some reason e.g. database corruption (where you don't have a recent backup) or if a poker site makes a change which causes bad data to enter the database.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4