Lag with aliased player

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Lag with aliased player

Postby GregXX » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:32 am

alias error.png
alias error.png (28.48 KiB) Viewed 2429 times
Hi! Yesterday during my session I noticed that one of the player HUDs didn't show properly (no numbers at all). I definitely had a bunch of stats for him and if I'm not mistaken he was aliased across several rooms. Moreover, I can't find in PT4 "ViesStats" page his particular screenname and similar screennames, which potentially he might be bound with. I already tried to fulfill Full and Custom Cache Rebuilds but it hasn't help. This is the first time I face such issue, haven't seen anything like that before (I'm using PT4 for years), and everything is completely fine and showing correct for tons of other aliased players in my DB. Couple of weeks ago I purged some old tourneys from my DB to free some space: don't know if it could cause the problem (in case if I deleted all hands for main alias screenname and it was deleted from DB and maybe know this player alias is stuck because of abscense of main screenname...?...Not sure if it could be the case). Btw, when I clicked to retrieve all stats to "This session stats" his plate was beginning to show this session stats with all the field showing correct info (screenname and all the other numbers). Also all manual text notes for him are fine (when I hover mouse over his notes icon- it shows me text correctly). And when I hover mouse over his blank plate, it shows indeed some numbers for every stat in particular HUD point (But again it shows numbers just for this session and in strange format just with one line, I attach correct plate for comparison).
Mouse over.png
Mouse over.png (5.7 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
correct one example.png
correct one example.png (6.76 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
So, please help me to resolve this somehow. Is there any way to find his alias in DB if I can't do it via Players Search?
GregXX

Re: Lag with aliased player

Postby GregXX » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:04 am

It's probably also was like I aliased one of his Ipoker's screenname to his another also Ipoker's screenname (In Ipoker there are a lot of rooms, so it's possible for player to have several names on different rooms). May be it also affects somehow? Nevertheless I can't find in "Choose new player" neither of those screennames... :(
GregXX

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:54 am

When all the hands from the primary alias of a player are purged all hands that are linked to that alias are also lost and unfortunately there is nothing you can do to fix this other than restoring from a database backup (if you have one) or by creating a new database and reimporting the hands you need.
Flag_Hippo

Postby GregXX » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:30 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:When all the hands from the primary alias of a player are purged all hands that are linked to that alias are also lost and unfortunately there is nothing you can do to fix this other than restoring from a database backup (if you have one) or by creating a new database and reimporting the hands you need.

Yeah, but in this case new hands haven't collected after yesterdays session. Is it logical? Or they can't be collected because of abscebse of the initial screenname?
GregXX

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:00 am

This affects newly imported hands as well and they cannot be accessed either after the purge of the main alias.
Flag_Hippo

Postby GregXX » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:19 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:This affects newly imported hands as well and they cannot be accessed either after the purge of the main alias.

And If I try to find and reimport some of old HH's, which contains the removed main nickname- it wouldn't help to recover whole alias?
GregXX

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:47 am

Unfortunately there is no other workaround so you need to restore from an earlier backup or create a new database.
Flag_Hippo

Postby GregXX » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:44 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Unfortunately there is no other workaround so you need to restore from an earlier backup or create a new database.

Hm! I've noticed an interesting moment now- I have a couple of guys with aliases created on their FullTilt nicknames (which as you know are not existing for years and obviously I don't have any FullTilt hands at all). But those aliases are working excellent. So what is the difference?...
GregXX

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:22 pm

I don't know and that's not something I can reproduce. I've imported some old Full Tilt hands, created aliases and after purging hands for the Full Tilt alias the same thing happens as described in your original post and the hands for the secondary aliases are lost and cannot be recovered even after reimporting.
Flag_Hippo

Postby GregXX » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:35 pm

Do you know if its possible to see the list of all aliases collected in DB? I am just intending to prevent the issue from original post in the future- I want to recombinate all aliases based on FullTilt or other rare rooms nicknames, but obviously I don't remember all the aliases (though there are not that much based on FullTilt nickname: usually chose PokerStars as a main one).
GregXX

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4