Pokerstars Hand History Format

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Pokerstars Hand History Format

Postby delburt21 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:40 pm

I have been trying to manually import hand histories from pokerstars using 'Get Hands from Disk>Select Files'. The file I selected is a Notepad file with the hand history information received by email from pokerstars pasted directly into the file.

When I select the file, PT confirms import is complete but doesn't import anything. After many unsuccessful attempts and lots of head scratching, I had a look at the format of processed hands stored locally on my computer to compare against the emailed hh received from pokerstars. I noticed that while the information contained in the processed hands and the email HH are the same - the format differs. I experimented with the email format and found that by editing to match the processed hand history format I could get PT to import successfully. This however takes an age to do as each hand has to be reformatted to make it work.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue and is a fix being looked at?
delburt21

Re: Pokerstars Hand History Format

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:09 pm

Do the hands import if you import them directly via email (Play Poker -> Get Hands From Email)? If you're copy/pasting and the format of the text is changed in anyway (lines splitting etc) then that can cause the hands not to import but if you have any further trouble send us an example in a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4