Getting pool stats over all hand played by ANYONE

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Getting pool stats over all hand played by ANYONE

Postby Shaddi » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:56 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to get pool stats - not only vs me but vs all players. What I'm currently doing doesn't work.

I'm in "My Reports -> Players Reports with Player name off. My simple filters to check if it's working as intended are "Not (Player is Hero)" and "Saw Flop".

This results in a total hand number of a bit more than 1/5th of total hands which is way too low. So the problem is that the simple filter filters for my own hands instead of hands wherey "anyone" saw the flop.

I was trying to see how often players fold vs overbets on Flops. Then I realized the sample size was way lower than it should be.
Shaddi

Re: Getting pool stats over all hand played by ANYONE

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:33 am

You need to bear in mind that this percentage of hands is not the percentage of hands that go to the flop because when you are not filtering from the perspective of one player you are seeing individual hands from many different perspectives. For example on a database of 6 max hands I have 27,508 total hands and in an 'All Players Report' this is 27,508 x 6 = 165,048 hands. Adding a filter for "(NOT (Player is Hero))" loses 1/6th of the hands leaving 137,540 hands. Then adding a filter for "Saw Flop" gives 20,805 hands:

20,805 / 137,540 x 100 = 15%

15% is not the percentage of hands that go to the flop because as I mentioned above you are seeing hands from multiple perspectives. The actual percentage of hands that go to the flop in this 27,508 hand sample is 40% which I calculated by removing "(NOT (Player is Hero))", adding a filter for "(Position of Active Player Position of Selected Exactly 8)" so I am only seeing each hand from one perspective and then finally adding "(Players Seeing Flop Between 2 and 6)". The number of hands using this filter is 11,088:

11,088 / 27,508 x 100 = 40%.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Shaddi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:28 am

Ok let's run a quick example.

I just played 434 hands for testing this. I add Not(Player is Hero) Filter.

If I put in the filter "Raise Opportunity Type Raise Continuation Bet Opportunity" I get 127 hands which seems about right.

But if I add "Sizes Calculated In Percentage of the Pot Facing Flop Bet Flop Continuation Bet Between 70 and 100" then there is only 1 hand left. This is obviously wrong as I bet in that range myself multiple times which means other players should have faced that bet size multiple times.

So what's the deal here?
Shaddi

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:18 pm

If you cbet $10 into a $10 pot (100%) then your from your opponents perspective the pot is now $20 and they need to call $10 (50%) so you won't see it when filtering for "Sizes Calculated In Percentage of the Pot Facing Flop Bet Flop Continuation Bet Between 70 and 100".
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4