How to accuretly convert CNY to USD

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

How to accuretly convert CNY to USD

Postby KillDurrrr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:01 am

So I play on a site where the currency/chips is in the CNY currency. I import hands into pt4 via handgrabber through the pt4 pokerstars configuration tab. Because of this the in game currency is in USD as is the currency that appears in my stats. How can I make it so that my stats convert the CNY to USD and have it show properly in my graphs/stats?
KillDurrrr

Re: How to accuretly convert CNY to USD

Postby KillDurrrr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:19 am

update: so after looking into it a bit the problem seems to be that the hand converter converts the hands history using the USD currency as the in-game currency instead of CNY, is there anyway to alter this in pokertracker so that the in-game currency is picked up as CNY and not USD? If thats not an option is there a way to use a fixed conversion rate without having to manually input it post-session? I selected all sessions played and put the current conversion rate and this accuretly shows amount won in USD but it seems pokertracker 4 sets the historical rates by default and you can only set the fixed rate manually after a session, is this right?
KillDurrrr

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:15 am

We don't support converted hands but if they are being provided to you in USD you cannot change the currency in PokerTracker 4 after the hands are imported so you would need to apply a fixed exchange rate to those sessions after they are imported as there isn't an option to apply that beforehand.
Flag_Hippo

Postby KillDurrrr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:We don't support converted hands but if they are being provided to you in USD you cannot change the currency in PokerTracker 4 after the hands are imported so you would need to apply a fixed exchange rate to those sessions after they are imported as there isn't an option to apply that beforehand.
okay thank you, another question. Whats the risk in skipping the "updating cache" part after converting the currency at a fixed rate? It gives me some ridiculous time like 28 hours so I skipped it and everything seemed to be converted properly but is this risking anything DB related?
KillDurrrr

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:44 am

That could cause an issue with your database cache and then you might see reports loading slower and/or have issues with your HUD. If that happens you can complete this manually via 'Database > Database Management > Rebuild Cache > Full Cache Rebuild' (it also could complete quicker than the currency cache update but if you have a large database then it will still take some time).
Flag_Hippo

Postby KillDurrrr » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:36 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:That could cause an issue with your database cache and then you might see reports loading slower and/or have issues with your HUD. If that happens you can complete this manually via 'Database > Database Management > Rebuild Cache > Full Cache Rebuild' (it also could complete quicker than the currency cache update but if you have a large database then it will still take some time).

ah okay thank you
KillDurrrr

Return to PokerTracker 4