PT4 HUD on, playing is laggy

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 HUD on, playing is laggy

Postby shynepo3 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:10 pm

So as the title says, whenever i play with my HUD on, it gets laggy. I recently upgraded my ram to 32gb, but is still the same. I have a database of about 800k hands, so i dont htink it's not that much. My specs are as follows:

i7 8550 @ 1.8ghz 2.0 ghz, 32gb ram, 512gb ssd (256gb free)

It's a laptop, running on 1920x1080p resolution. I have a MX150 graphic card, though not sure if this matters. I usually 3table/4table zoom. I also use stars helper at same time.

Currently i'm purguing hands, going to purge 2016 and before. I hope this helps in some way. I'm not sure what else i can do. Everything works fine otherwise. I can play video games, browse, etc. Video edit, etc. Just when i play with HUD. A month ago i tried rebuilding cache, but it made my importing hands super slow when i was playing. I'd have to wait like 5-10 min for it to catch up.

When I say laggy, my button presses dont register on time, sometimes it's like 5 sec behind, causes me to fold/call incorrectly, etc. If i turn off HUD, it works fine.
shynepo3

Re: PT4 HUD on, playing is laggy

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Did the cache rebuild complete fully? If your laptop shutdown while it was running for example that could have left it in a bad state.
Please enable logging (Configure > Options) and restart PT4; reproduce the problem and then attach the PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) to a Support Ticket so that we can see what is going on.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4