ignition hands

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

ignition hands

Postby bardolino » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:59 pm

hi all,
I've been on Ignition for a while and been using the Ignition Hand converter to bring the hands in. I'd love to be able to just take them in directly with the latest version.

I have ALL my hand histories from Ignition still saved prior to running them through the Ignition Hand converter so I figured I could just point PokerTracker to that folder. It worked, but there were a butt load of errors and the stats look completely different from the same stats as run through the Ignition Hand converter. The ignition Hand converter version does have an error from time to time, but the stats are much closer to the true outcomes.
I play sit and goes so all data is from single tables. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
bardolino

Re: ignition hands

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:16 am

The Ignition importer is still in beta and we're still working on it. Please compress and attach your hand histories to a Support Ticket so that we can get those errors fixed.
WhiteRider

Postby bardolino » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi folks, Last time I posted you had replied that the Sit and Go tournies were on the back burner while you were building the import for cash.

"Message left on Oct 4, 2018, 3:30:56 AM
Thanks for your examples. Initially we have been focussing on Ignition cash hands, but I will pass these hands on to the development team to help improve tournament support when we update that too.

Dave"

Just checking in to see if tournies have been included for importing from Ignition yet?
bardolino

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:50 pm

We contacted you in your support ticket on 3rd December 2018 about the hands you sent to let you know that issue had been resolved. If you missed the reply in your email client you can view that Support Ticket (#366104) by visiting your My Account -> My Support Tickets page.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bardolino » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:43 pm

That's awsome, thank you.
That unfortunately leads me to my next question though. I had imported over 400 tournies before the feature was working correctly. Is there an easy way of deleting them all so I can re-import them with the working version?
bardolino

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:29 am

As far as I am aware these hands generated import errors meaning they never imported into the database in the first place so just run a manual import (Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk) on those files again to import the hands that were not imported first time around. If you do have data in your database that you want to delete first that will require a purge of those sessions/tournaments.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bardolino » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Thanks for the info Hippo. With that I went ahead and purged all Ignition history from the beginning of time (tournaments run through the Ignition Hand Converter show up as Pokerstars entries) and then I tried to re-import my part of my history. It failed pretty miserably. Tons of errors.
03:38:40 pm: Import complete. 5,392 hands in 248 files were imported. (0 errors, 10,972 duplicates)
03:38:40 pm: Performing database maintenance...
03:39:04 pm: Maintenance complete.
With 248 files I would expect 248 tournament entries, but only 56 are listed. A lot of them have missing result errors. I sent in a large batch of my hand histories on that previous ticket and can send more if you'd like, just let me know.

Regards,
Bardolino
bardolino

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:01 am

bardolino wrote:With that I went ahead and purged all Ignition history from the beginning of time (tournaments run through the Ignition Hand Converter show up as Pokerstars entries) and then I tried to re-import my part of my history. It failed pretty miserably. Tons of errors.
03:38:40 pm: Import complete. 5,392 hands in 248 files were imported. 0 errors, 10,972 duplicates)

There are actually zero errors in that import. 5,392 hands were imported successfully and 10,972 hands were duplicates. A duplicate is a poker hand that's already in your database so PokerTracker 4 is letting you know it's skipping the import of those particular hands. What exact options did you choose when purging? Just PokerStars? If you did then that would have purged no Ignition hands that PokerTracker 4 has natively imported via since they would have been imported under the correct site 'Ignition' and not 'PokerStars'.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bardolino » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:25 pm

No, I purged only the Ignition hands and left all the Pokerstars hands alone. Being on a different site I assumed that they wouldn't conflict, is that not right?
bardolino

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:49 am

bardolino wrote:No, I purged only the Ignition hands and left all the Pokerstars hands alone. Being on a different site I assumed that they wouldn't conflict, is that not right?

That's fine then. As I said there were no errors in that import (5,392 hands were imported and 10,972 were skipped as they were already in the database).
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4